Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injured workers in pain and WC mri showing no damage
In what was was this ladder faulty ?
In what was was this ladder faulty ?
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

it was a broken ladder that was kept inside the department we had 3 of them and the one i was using that night was the broken one it does not lock when in use
it was a broken ladder that was kept inside the department we had 3 of them and the one i was using that night was the broken one it does not lock when in use
(09-28-2011, 09:42 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Have you read the MRI report yourself? If not request a copy.

No i have not read it myself ,i'll ask on my next appointment

So what happend when you were on this broken ladder ?
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

So what happend when you were on this broken ladder ?

(09-28-2011, 07:51 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Well i was wondering if i could file with the OSHA because i injured myself on a faulty ladder ...

Most likely not. All workers are responsible for rejecting the use of what they see as faulty and unsafe equipment. OSHA would look at how long the equipment had been in place, and how long people have been using it without incident. That alone could negate the complaint or any safety violation.

Also, like Bronco said - there may not be a ladder for OSHA to inspect.

Let it go. It's not going to gain you anything, and will probably die out before it gets assigned to an OSHA investigator.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

(09-29-2011, 09:30 AM)LeglEgl Wrote:
(09-28-2011, 07:51 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Well i was wondering if i could file with the OSHA because i injured myself on a faulty ladder ...

Most likely not. All workers are responsible for rejecting the use of what they see as faulty and unsafe equipment. OSHA would look at how long the equipment had been in place, and how long people have been using it without incident. That alone could negate the complaint or any safety violation.

Also, like Bronco said - there may not be a ladder for OSHA to inspect.

Let it go. It's not going to gain you anything, and will probably die out before it gets assigned to an OSHA investigator.

I was stocking a shelf at the time of use inside a freezer the funny thing is that i told them it was faulty and they left it there for someone else to use it after my injury and they almost fell but he was tall enough to save himself (his own words) . leglegl is write its not worth it most likely the ladder has been trashed i hope

i say file a complaint.
for all you know another employee ignored the problem before you got there.
save a co-worker and file.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-29-2011, 12:18 PM)1171 Wrote: i say file a complaint.
for all you know another employee ignored the problem before you got there.
save a co-worker and file.

I had 5 coworkers report it broken before i got injured and i had 2 incidents before my injury ,the reason i used it was because i cant tell the difference between all the ladders they all look the same and im to busy to test all of them before i use them but they might of got rid of it because my coworker reported it the day after my injury because he almost fell and he told me it was in the same place where i was injured , i guess they did not believe my story.

If you file an Osha complaint, the only thing that would happen, Osha would may send someone in and they would see the ladder if it still exist, they would tell them to replace it in so many days or they will be fined. They may come back and check and see if they did replace it and they may not come back to check it.
If you file an Osha complaint, the only thing that would happen, Osha would may send someone in and they would see the ladder if it still exist, they would tell them to replace it in so many days or they will be fined. They may come back and check and see if they did replace it and they may not come back to check it.

I am trained and certified by OSHA in workplace safety. I attended a 40-hour course to get that certification. I can assure you that OSHA will not very likely pursue this by sending an Investigator to the ER's premises based on nothing more than a faulty ladder. OSHA will telephone the employer, describes the alleged hazards and then follow up with a fax or a letter. The employer must respond within five days, identifying in writing any problems found and noting corrective actions taken or planned. If the response is adequate, OSHA generally will not conduct an inspection. The employee who filed the original complaint will receive a copy of the employer's response. If still not satisfied, the complainant may then request an on-site inspection.

Like I said, you won't gain from it. If you wish to file, you may, and OSHA may address the matter. Priorities are set by OSHA. One ladder, or several safety violations.....which one do you think will be at the top of the list?

If you think it will protect other employees, as 1171 suggests, file the report. Your name will be kept confidential - but remember that the ladder is the cause of your injury, and the ER will know that.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York Injured Workers - Urgent - Please Read ChimarenTaylor 10 9,267 01-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 1,260 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Re injured myself (not the workers comp injury) 241050 3 2,291 03-10-2018, 12:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 13 31,804 09-08-2017, 10:39 PM
  nerve damage STRATTONJE 2 1,703 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: STRATTONJE
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 24,147 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  California injured workers please support AB305 California_Help 0 2,775 03-20-2015, 01:04 AM
  Injured New York Workers - Class Action ChimarenTaylor 0 4,172 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,180 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
  California bills to help injured workers California_Help 0 2,964 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM