Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Voc rehab?
My attorney insists that I go through a vocational rehabilitation otherwise I will lose in the settlement. I am not interested in doing that, since I am planning to pursue other options and my attorney knows about that even before the voc rehab was ever mentioned.
I still haven't signed anything, but my attorney tells me that the IC will ask for it if we go to a trial and the arbitrator will rule in their favor. Because of this, I was advised it would be better to settle the case instead of going to a trial.
Anybody any opinion, experience, etc?
Thanks.

each state has their own comp rules. it's difficult to respond without knowing yours.
what do you mean "lose in the settlement?"
will it be less?
how much less?
what does it mean the arbitrator will rule in their favor? what are they asking?

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-31-2011, 01:44 AM)1171 Wrote: each state has their own comp rules. it's difficult to respond without knowing yours.
what do you mean "lose in the settlement?"
will it be less?
how much less?
what does it mean the arbitrator will rule in their favor? what are they asking?

Hi,
The attorney was very vague not disclosing too much details because this situation is very new and different from what I knew was going on with my case. He says that if we go to trial and the IC requests the Voc Rehab than the arbitrator will have to give it to them, which I think I will have to do it, and also by accepting the voc rehab it will significantly reduce the amount of the settlement. My attorney didn't talk numbers. My understanding is even if I do or I don't do voc rehab the settlement will be reduced. I don't get this voc rehab "catch" situation.
This will be 6th time that my trial is continued and always is a different reason. This is the latest one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spinal Fusion/Mandatory Settlement? Jherek 3 32,912 05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Last Post: (EX)surveillanceInvestigator
  States with mandatory voc rehab compliance Mrgo26 4 8,491 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Last Post: kate
Big Grin Mandatory Mediation & A Good Feeling TripleP 2 7,469 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
Question [CA] Status Conference vs. Mandatory Settlement Conference cinder1ca 4 22,644 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Last Post: cinder1ca
  Mandatory settlement conference but why? sontaysyw 1 15,081 12-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  What should i except from a Mandatory Settlement Conf.? Confusedd 4 4,189 11-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Last Post: capricorn