Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Pernment or partial disabled
It's really sad that, necessarily, the WC situation always comes down to money. Of course, the IW wants a "fix" and wants to be made whole, both physically and financially, but that rarely happens.

The ER/IC's rape all of us on benefits and medical care, and yet expect us to sell our maladies for a buck or two. I really think the only advantage is that attorneys are limited to what their fees can be in pretty much every State. In PI cases, the fees are dictated by the attorneys, not the State statutes.

I really am determined to forge ahead in my home State and try to find some way to rectify this situation and move for better legislation to protect IW's. Unfortunately, in order to have a fair and impartial law to accomplish that, we have to swing the pendulum both ways: better protection and better benefits for the LEGITIMATELY injured worker, and more severe penalties for the FRAUDS who seek to use and drain the system.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

(08-26-2011, 05:47 PM)LeglEgl Wrote: It's really sad that, necessarily, the WC situation always comes down to money. Of course, the IW wants a "fix" and wants to be made whole, both physically and financially, but that rarely happens.

The ER/IC's rape all of us on benefits and medical care, and yet expect us to sell our maladies for a buck or two. I really think the only advantage is that attorneys are limited to what their fees can be in pretty much every State. In PI cases, the fees are dictated by the attorneys, not the State statutes.

I really am determined to forge ahead in my home State and try to find some way to rectify this situation and move for better legislation to protect IW's. Unfortunately, in order to have a fair and impartial law to accomplish that, we have to swing the pendulum both ways: better protection and better benefits for the LEGITIMATELY injured worker, and more severe penalties for the FRAUDS who seek to use and drain the system.

the system's "friction" eats up a lot of resources that could be put into benefits. I'm hoping improvement in our Nation's health care--- a move toward some type of universal payer system ---will also reduce the medical component which incentivizes a lot of provider fraud.

from my perspective employer fraud, treatment gouging, and process friction siphon off much that would go to injured workers.

hope you can make a difference.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

national healthcare would be a national disaster. if you think the wait for for approval to see a Dr or get a test or surgery is long for WC.....course until you live it you just dont know...Canada and Europe tells us how wonderful it is..but they also come to the U.S. to have their major surgerys so they dont have to wait years to have them...then again most of their Drs are here also so they can make enough money to pay back their school loans
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

all bogus arguments and made up stories.
you're not going to get me to like this system by replaying talking points from those who are getting fat off others suffering.
take it elsewhere; no dupes here.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

ahhhhhhhh 7 years living in Germany and watching the hoops they had to jump thru just to get an appt to see a Dr trumps what ever you think you might know.....however I will give you it does streamline the ER as they have no problem telling you to go home if you dont meet the criteria of a emergency in their book....so there is seldom a waiting time in the ER....you have a cold,flu,or even a migrain you go to the drugstore and the druggest takes care of you on a walk in basis yep he takes care of your pregnancy tests also....course they arent near as picky on making sure drugs are good for you either....I went one time to a German Dr had a lemon size cyst on my overy
with two fingers inside me he took his other hand and slapped down on my right side hard busted that sucker...it was the last time I went to a German Dr. Yes it was Free Yes it was less time to be seen in the ER but I found out why...you cant sue them....You want national health care go live where they have it for awhile 1171 you will change your mind...you dont know what you havent lived....
you know 1171 you live in a state where over 3/4 of the population is on the dole in one way or another...your state is near bankrupt trying to give everyone everything.its not possiable one person cannot support 5 or 6 families...I believe people feel a pride in supporting theirselves and their families we as Americans have to help them keep that pride....something in Calif isnt right....children have to pay to ride a school bus in Yucca Valley not welfare kids with 6,7,8 in a family but hard working families when 2 parents are working to make ends meet or single parent homes barely making ends meet are being slapped with 2-$300 a semester bill to ride the school bus....per child....you all cant get em to school but you think you can find the money for free health care?Or you wanting the states that enforce deportation to foot your medical bills for your illegals medical costs?
I wonder sometimes just who and what you are....I know you are or were a WC adjuster for Calif...I know you are very intelligent....I know you have a sence of humor( altho its tiny) but that it the rest is a huge secret...but I believe you had hi hopes for Obama....and he has so disapointed you and for that I am so sorry...but there is always Herman Cain I do believe he is gonna be a better choice for America.

[quote/]complexity leads to full employment for lawyers.
there is no move to simplify the process.

[/quote]

LOL - tell me about it.
(08-26-2011, 11:23 PM)jayne Wrote: there is always Herman Cain I do believe he is gonna be a better choice for America.

Truthfully, though, Cain doesn't have a prayer. Rick Perry from Texas has taken the lead by a HUGE margin. Not my fav, either, but then, I'm a moderate.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Hell, I am not a moderate. I am a Texan and I won't vote for him.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

alot of Dogs in the fight right now will see who comes out ahead you can bet it will be a tea party favorite....tired of flushing money down the drain....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Partial Permanent Disability W/CPTclaim 1 3,822 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: 1171
  NC - "Partial Clincher" for indemnity, open medical HeyNowNC 3 2,474 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 2,956 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  Ohio Permanent Partial Disability Increase W/CPTclaim 4 5,416 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: W/CPTclaim
  Help translating permanent partial disability rating into $settlement mashkey 1 7,627 07-30-2015, 02:00 AM
  how to ask for a partial advancement needing advice 1 2,188 07-14-2015, 01:11 AM
  Partial Lump Sum for Debt Questions Mongrel_Money 5 4,449 05-02-2015, 08:47 PM
  partial amputation of pinky finger G_Smith 2 4,724 02-15-2015, 01:02 PM
  Can I really be only 50% disabled? Scaffoldrider 15 9,419 06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  SSA Disabled AND Workers comp ganduland 3 4,322 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM