Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security disability on verge of insolvency

Don't panic over such news stories. This isn't something new for the 21st century. Claims of potential insolvency have been popping up since the 80's.

Most of the funds deposited into the system are invested in Government Only Treasury Bonds. The problem is, Congress changed the law many years ago to allow the government to borrow these funds against the GOTB's, which was not the original intent of the law established in 1950.

Even with the declining workforce, Social Security is funded through employer and employee contributions. Experts in the field (not the sensationalists) predict that the system will be properly funded through 2037 at the very least, and will be able to pay 100% of benefits. After that, there is expected to be some minimal funding gaps, but even back in 1983, during the Reagan Administration, Congress took action to assure benefits continued.

Remember the August 2011 checks that probably were not going to be sent out ? Same scare tactics.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

you're a dupe wink.

"Don't believe the "sky is falling" rhetoric - this is just silly political demagoguery by cruel policy wonks who never saw a disabled worker they either liked or respected. "

http://www.workerscompensation.com/compn...g_out.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-22-2011, 08:50 PM)Wink Wrote:

Really..... What a Crock of Crap. Fear tactics and politics.

(08-23-2011, 09:08 AM)LeglEgl Wrote: Don't panic over such news stories. This isn't something new for the 21st century. Claims of potential insolvency have been popping up since the 80's.

Most of the funds deposited into the system are invested in Government Only Treasury Bonds. The problem is, Congress changed the law many years ago to allow the government to borrow these funds against the GOTB's, which was not the original intent of the law established in 1950.

Even with the declining workforce, Social Security is funded through employer and employee contributions. Experts in the field (not the sensationalists) predict that the system will be properly funded through 2037 at the very least, and will be able to pay 100% of benefits. After that, there is expected to be some minimal funding gaps, but even back in 1983, during the Reagan Administration, Congress took action to assure benefits continued.

Remember the August 2011 checks that probably were not going to be sent out ? Same scare tactics.

Ah, not to worry, LeglEgl, there's a method to my madness! Most everyone else knows how I feel about liberals and the state run media. I don't put any credence in the likes of Associated Press and MSNBC--virtually waterboys and bootlickers for the Obama camp. I was just pushing the tempo...and look who popped up: 1171. He called me a dupe. Imagine that--a dupe calling ME a dupe. Why he even threw his liberal buddy, Steven Ohlemacher ( the author of the link ) under the bus. Hmmm...1171 seems to have done a 180 and is riding your coat tails. That could be a good thing if his NEW colors stick. Wink

BTW - Welcome aboard!

(08-23-2011, 12:38 PM)1171 Wrote: you're a dupe wink.

"Don't believe the "sky is falling" rhetoric - this is just silly political demagoguery by cruel policy wonks who never saw a disabled worker they either liked or respected. "

http://www.workerscompensation.com/compn...g_out.html

1171, let me tell you something, you monster, [Image: frankensmiley.gif] you! I'm gonna send a three year old over to your house to kick your a$$! http://www.youtube.com/embed/d9EHQL4wj1E?rel=0
Capisci ? [Image: gangster.gif]

ahhhhhhh wink so cute
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 3 1,397 10-07-2019, 04:26 AM
Last Post: AnnBlair
  Social Security at risk! Bummer Knees 24 9,487 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Administration Revals Happening More Bummer Knees 14 15,358 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 11,532 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 3,655 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Disability Bad Boy Bad Boy 18 14,299 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Social Security Cookiecrum 13 6,590 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Social Security, something odd Bummer Knees 20 8,028 10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Social Security...Question Spring 19 11,261 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM