Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed rfa...back to surgery
ok so i had RFA in may. i returned to work for about 3 weeks, after the first week i was really hurtin i tried to tough it out but it just wasn't going to happen. so my doctor says surgery or live with it. well i dont want to live with it. last feb. i went infront of an aribitrator who told IC to pay for my surgery. basicly i was told i would get my surgery but the IC wanted different doctors doing the surgery. so i found a dr but he wanted to try RFA first. so we did....now he wants to do the fusion. my question here is will i have to go through another arbitration?
thanks

only if surgery is denied.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

How bad is your pain on a 1-10 scale...... Be honest with yourself. I would only have surgery as a last resort. You should never expect to be pain free; It is not the real world.

I have RFA done frequently; Sometimes it works better than others. Maybe you should give this another try.. It is safe and can work for temporary pain relief.

As I pointed out to somebody in another forum, pain management begins with oneself. Using PT and trying the RFA again may decrease your pain. You'll almost never get rid of it altogether.

I have to agree with "freebird". Be honest about your actual pain levels. If you absolutely cannot tolerate it, then surgery would be the option at that point, but not before then.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

the pain is constantly there. its not always an 8 or a 9 on the pain scale, at times yes it is. as most of the others here i have been dealing with this for over a period of 2 years or more. it has crossed my mind a million time over wether or not i should go for the surgery...i cannot bare it anylonger. i am a realistic person i dont expect to be 100% at anytime. ive come to terms with no bowling or softball or any of that kind of stuff ya know. i have a very physical job...lifting and bending all day long. can i say what i do on here or is that something i should leave out? i have heard both sides on fusions. i have another job lined up which would be well within any restrictions set forth on me. i really wouldn't wish this upon anyone, as everyone here knows what we have to go through on a daily basis.

i'm guessing they'll deny it (again) as they seem to deny everything. i was denied PT for cryin out loud lol.

thanks for the reply guys....and gals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are my benifits at risk of being modified if I refuse back surgery? slipperydisc 1 3,716 12-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Last Post: 1171
  just had back surgery nurselpn 3 4,480 07-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Sad 2 failed FCEs Beetendwn2 4 5,736 05-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Georgia: will I receive a settlement after my back surgery John51 3 15,950 04-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Had back surgery.. Dr,says nothing else he can do now what? PLEASE HELP ME!!! brandy23_32 23 23,659 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: brandy23_32
  Had back surgery at 20yrs old from work injury! Help please!!! brandy23_32 3 7,867 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: brandy23_32
  CA FAILED TO INFORM CONSULTANT I HAVE AN ATTORNEY inquiringMIND 4 5,240 03-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND
  Failed Spinal Fusion at S1-Pelvis area brentaw 6 12,976 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  failed laminectomy-discetomy highdesertguy 2 8,486 12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back Surgery Advice chicagoHdiscs 5 6,665 09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Manley2