Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion
in 2005 i had fallen from a piece of equipment, had left shoulder surgery rotator cuff repair and some other stuff done in the shoulder for that procuder, have had pain in the shoulder arm, neck and scapula areas for the last 5 years as well as tingling and numbness in the left arm, they decided the shoulder was the problem with the neck being a possability, emg ruled out nerve damage, mri shows disk bulging c5 c6, nov 2010 had epdideral spninal injectetion with relief, 3 weeks later was worse than before the injection, so july had shoulder surgery no relief of the previouse symptoms, was advised by WC IME cervical decompression, WC adjustor wanted another IME with same doctor, he confirmed what he orriginally said, so now have to wait for schedualing of the surgery for cervical decompression and fusion. so i was given a perminiant imperment rating for the first surgery, so will there be an additional rating again for the second surgery as well as one for the neck surgery?

what makes you think they will be any relief after cervical surgery?There are alot of us cervicals on here that will tell you you wont get any relief from it in fact it will lead to more breakdown of your neck....do some research before you let them touch your neck.
Bulging maybe can fixed without surgery.... as far as your other question please give us your state
I had the cervical surgery I got 3 whole days relief I believe that was from the drugs in the hospital since the surgery the disc below and the disc above have went due to the weight of my head and the weaking of the bone from the screws the Dr put in to hold the cage.....think hard and long before you do it...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

ratings are not given for treatments or surgeries.
ratings are for permanent impairments.
not all states give ratings and those that do have different rules.
if your doctor believes your impairment is greater, then possibly you will be given a higher rating.
if your impairments have been reduced, then maybe a lower rating.
don't know your state, can't speculate any more.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-15-2011, 09:39 AM)jayne Wrote: what makes you think they will be any relief after cervical surgery?There are alot of us cervicals on here that will tell you you wont get any relief from it in fact it will lead to more breakdown of your neck....do some research before you let them touch your neck.
Bulging maybe can fixed without surgery.... as far as your other question please give us your state
I had the cervical surgery I got 3 whole days relief I believe that was from the drugs in the hospital since the surgery the disc below and the disc above have went due to the weight of my head and the weaking of the bone from the screws the Dr put in to hold the cage.....think hard and long before you do it...
with regard to the surgery i didb=nt mke clear the nerve root is being compressed since the vertabre is tipped, i am in Alaska to help with my question

Compression of the nerve root does need to be addressed before it causes additional problems.

I had an ACDF of C5-6 February of this year. I have seen some improvements since surgery, I went for ben a 10 on the pain scale 90% of the time to having about 3 migraine days a week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder surgery CANurse 3 343 04-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Shoulder surgery Pythonbunny 14 10,300 10-31-2014, 12:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  ACDF AND SHOULDER SURGERY NevadaCervical 4567 4 8,769 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: NevadaCervical 4567
  Shoulder Surgery on WC CALIF Debbysue64 8 11,796 12-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Shoulder Injury Surgery denied 4104ever 5 16,261 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: kate
  Nerve block for shoulder surgery? NVworker 6 36,781 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Last Post: leazdad
  Shoulder Surgery 5 mos. Ago, Now Severe Elbow Pain krl 25 38,658 11-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Lft Shoulder Surgery Confused2010 11 12,618 08-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Shoulder question and TTD before having surgery??? NVworker 10 12,056 03-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Last Post: NVworker
  lumbar fusion surgery Bubba 10 12,409 05-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Last Post: inpainokla