Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cardinal sin, an interesting discussion
Hi All,

I had an interesting lunch with a doctor I used to work with, a surgeon. He told me I had committed a cardinal sin and would probably never find work in my field again. Atleast not in this area.

My sin, I was injured at work, it wasn't easily fixed (due to the first doctor's mistake) and it didn't get any better.

I know too many people and they know me. It doesn't matter how good I was, that I was a lead trainer, that I was dependable, that I worked more hours than anybody else in my department.

It's just all screwed up. Sure the doctor was very compassionate, he paid for my lunch, he wished me well. Apparently once I started putting out applications my name was tossed around and the ugliness of my injury came out. I reminded him that the injury is over, it's been fixed, the knee has been replaced. But it doesn't matter, I worked for one of the largest hospitals in the nation.

On the flip side my doctor friend hand wrote out a letter of recommendation while we sat there, he said he was writing out his notes (which he often did while we had planning lunches when I still worked). Then he made two calls and out came two other doctors that I used to work with also, they signed the letter of recommendation as well. Then they kissed me on the cheek and told me to move out of the area.

So now getting hurt at work is a cardinal sin...yeow, how do I get absolution?

How horrible... this just isn't right at all.... I am so sorry to hear of this... lol
How horrible... this just isn't right at all.... I am so sorry to hear of this... lol
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

BB, thats is awefull..

I am sorry to hear and its a shame that they black balled you. You obviously are well liked in your profession and the dr's in it, but the managment of any company of a injured worker just sucks to all hell.. It was nice of them to write a letter of recommendation and hope it helps you out.. My employer says my job is still there if I want it, of course with no restrictions.. I tell them we cant erase time and like if I wanted to get hit by a 40,000 lb dump truck...... It makes me sick........

its nice when the people we work for like us and let us know the companies we work for will never hire us again....I was told the same thing I new it going in to the process it was my superviser that told me...he was a lawyer....and he was right.....he was able to get all my records out to me before they"lost" them that showed I had nothing but glowing evals before the injury....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Well, To be the Devil's Advocate here, Every IW should know the possibility of going to work in the same field and same area where you where Injured is slim to none especially when you were let go over the Injury.

It would be the same for a worker who gives management problems all the time and then gets laid off because of George Bush,Obama economics's; He will NEVER be hired back.

Once you poop in management's nest, You are black balled. I have seen it done many times in many different circumstances.

Good Luck.

It is sad this happens but we all know it does. It's not fair but how would any anything ever fix it. They could write a law but it wouldn't work. Heck they could write a law so that we get out injuries treated without delay. Oh wait they do have those laws but nobody follows them!
You could be the best employee a company ever had but once your hurt they throw you away and tell everybody not to hire us

it is how we are paid for being a loyal employee....

(08-09-2011, 01:49 PM)jayne Wrote: it is how we are paid for being a loyal employee....

Honestly, A employee is just a number; Some think they are not replaceable but a year after they leave nobody knows there name..... EVERYONE is replaceable and SOMEONE can do your Job. Wink

thats for sure...if not here in china...hey Freebird

You become a liability to anyone who hires you. At least that is what they think. Can't even volunteer 'cause volunteers can become liabilities too.

Many states have DWC databases that prospective employers can check to see if an applicant has had an active WC claim.

To get info in California all a requestor has to do is put in their first and last name and email address, then click on the reason they are performing a search.
Then all the requestor has to know is the first and last name of the applicant. Putting in a city helps narrow the search down.

Once they find the person they are looking for, they click "View Cases" and all previous WC case info comes up case by case.

I showed chris chris as an example of how the screen appears before viewing the case information. I really didn't want to post my case info. LOL! But, I will say, it looks terrible from a perspective employers view. I had an injury and consequently a stress claim but on this system it just looks like two claims; which iin my opinion would set up a red flag to an employer.

Requestor information capture
*=required field

The Division of Workers' Compensation retains one year of records for those requesting information through this search function.

First name* Last name*

Uniform assigned name (UAN--if applicable)

Email address*

Reason for search* (CLICK ONE)
APPORTIONMENT
CASE INFORMATION SEARCH
CASE PARTICIPANT INFORMATION SEARCH
POST OFFER/PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING
PREPARATION FOR HEARING/FILING

Search screen
* Minimum search criteria: EAMS case number or injured worker first name and last name
May use injured worker date of birth, city and/or ZIP code to refine name search
EAMS case number*

Injured worker first name* Injured worker last name* Injured worker date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)

Injured worker city Injured worker ZIP code

If you become able to work again, legally change your name. You have a better chance of getting hired if you have no history. LOL!!!!! Tongue

Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting Job listing Manley2 6 3,307 11-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Horrible discussion with dad's social worker bodybuilder1958 6 6,550 02-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Last Post: jayne
  interesting & I wanted to share.... sonny1 52 37,821 08-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Wink
  interesting find jayne 3 3,716 08-26-2011, 01:16 PM
  Another discussion with Dr's nurse bodybuilder1958 1 2,542 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Rather disgusting, interesting tidbits for your reading pleasure bodybuilder1958 1 3,377 07-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Last Post: red1030
  interesting jayne 2 3,250 07-31-2009, 09:19 AM
  interesting website halftrak 2 2,832 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Debate Discussion..what do you think? red1030 53 40,860 10-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: AuditorBob
  Interesting article halftrak 5 4,974 09-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy