Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Great Site for Medicare-Setaside Info!!
Hi Everyone, I Hope You are all Well Today!! I was just browsing a couple of sites I look at occasionally, and I found a Great Site that explains the Medicare Set-Aside Procedure, and give the Addresses of the Ten Regional Offices in the U.S.! You may want to Bookmark this Site for Future reference, I know I sure did! I am going to Post it just as I found it, I'm not good at shortening URL's and I want everyone to get it correct! I Hope this Helps answer some questions, it seems this has been coming up a lot lately! I Hope Everyone has a Pain Free Day!!Wink

http://www.careplanners.net/pdf/NewsletterDec2004.pdf

Thank you Still In Limbo

I printed the information you shared.

My attorney wants me to keep my medical open; I'm not to sure about doing so, or why he is suggesting open medical.

I am on SSD and will be eligible for Medicare in 08.

I do hope after surgeries I can return to the workforce
and that is why I have been taking online college classes.
I realize to return to the workforce it will mean a change of profession.

Thanks Still....that is a great site. I can't bring it up by my mouse, but I had to copy and then paste into the window and it brought it up...thanks Carol
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Your welcome Guys!! Bummer, if you should settle, Medical cannot be left open when you are on SSDI, a set-aside is mandatory. Don't let anyone B.S. you on this, I've actually read cases where Peoples Attorney's didn't set these up, and the Persons settlement had to go 100% towards Medical Care! Make sure if you settle the set-aside is in place, and don't let anyone try and sway you in a different direction! Have a Great Day!!Wink

Still in Limbo Wrote:Hi Everyone, I Hope You are all Well Today!! I was just browsing a couple of sites I look at occasionally, and I found a Great Site that explains the Medicare Set-Aside Procedure, and give the Addresses of the Ten Regional Offices in the U.S.! You may want to Bookmark this Site for Future reference, I know I sure did! I am going to Post it just as I found it, I'm not good at shortening URL's and I want everyone to get it correct! I Hope this Helps answer some questions, it seems this has been coming up a lot lately! I Hope Everyone has a Pain Free Day!!Wink

http://

http://www.careplanners.net/pdf/NewsletterDec2004.pdf

Just making the link so all can click on it....Thanks Still you are always thinking of ways to help us....Spring

Limbo

What about a set aside while on SSD?

Hi Bummer! Please review the Link and you will see it is for anyone on SSDI, or who will be On SSDI and receive Medicare. That's what the set-aside is for, to make sure you receive the adequate care Medically, and Medicare and you don't get ripped off by the i/c by paying too low of an amount! If you are on SSDI now, and they want to settle with you Lump Sum and Leave Medical open by them, my advice would be NO! If you do that they will still control your every Medical Need and Prescriptions, and they will surely find a loophole to take your care from you! If you do the set-aside, as you will learn when you read the site I Posted, you will see you will be in Control of your Medical Care, and you will be rid of w/c and the i/c! I Hope this made sense, I'm very tired and hurting, but I wanted to at least answer your question, and Thanks Spring for changing that URL so folks can use it easier. As I said, I'm not too good at listing those things! Everyone Be Well!!Wink

Thank you Still In LImbo

Social Security Adminiistration has two programs for disabled adults.
I am on SSD, didn't qualify for SSI our household income is to high.

My guess is that the Medicare set-aside also applies to the SSD progam. Accordining to Social Security Administration one needs to be on SSD 2 yrs before they qualify for medicare.

I will qualify for medicare Sept. 2008.

You're correct Bummer! SSD= Social Security Disability, and the set-aside is for that. SSI= Supplemental Security Income, used for very low income applicants for added Monetary Support. 95% of the People that apply for SSI are denied, if you have income into the Family. Where it gets a little confusing is when you apply for SSD, they automatically apply for SSI as well to save time. So you're O.K., you are on the correct Program for the set-aside! Have a Great Day!!Wink

Thank you Still In Limbo

I spoke to my attorney this morning, I have court scheduled in the morning. He is trying to get medical treatment for my knee with my former doctor. Problem is the doctor says he will not treatment me, says he has everything that needs to be done under wc.
This doctor appears to be very friendly with the insurance company case manger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great first week at work bodybuilder1958 1 1,781 07-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Great news jayne 8 5,516 07-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Wink I like myself and I have a lot of other great qualities as well Wink 0 3,587 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Into the Great Pyramid Bad Boy Bad Boy 3 3,451 01-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Just Received Great News, and Wanted to Share that We Can Fight and Win!!! Still in Limbo 23 11,344 08-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Lilly
  WOW, this Site has been Very Slow!! Still in Limbo 16 7,494 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Finally, Some Great News MJC 13 7,496 04-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Great Advice to Give Your Daughters UndercovrAngel 12 7,967 02-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  great news RNvic 16 9,916 08-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Cool this is a real web site check it out! hurt at work 1 2,405 07-07-2008, 12:46 PM