Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder 47.5% loss of use
Injury occurred in NY. 2 labrum surgeries on the same shoulder. Date of injury 2006. First surgery in 07 and the second in 08. My question is that the IME report came back with a 47.5% loss of use. What does that mean? I was out of work 11 months on 207c since I am a police officer. I am trying to get my facts straight with all this. I do not care about getting any money. I am worried what happens after your case gets closed. Do you still get medical treatment? what happens if my arm comes out of socket again? Can they make me retire? Is there a maximum percentage of loss of use before they consider you disabled?

Harley as a police officer if you have that big a loss of your shoulder I would hope you wouldnt be on the streets as an officer...but hopefully they can use your skills elsewhere...as for medical that will depend on your settlement if you settle with or without lifetime medical if your state allows it...I know nothing about NY rules do you have a lawyer? if not now may be the time to talk to one to at least check on your rights as an injured worker...first visit is normally free just dont be pressured to sign untill you are ready...have you spoke to your union they may be your best help...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi Harley, I also live in NY and worked for the government, not as a police officer though. But I was union and used an attorney (well 2nd one) that was referred to me by my union and am very pleased with him so far!! Definitely check things out thoroughly as requirements for police officers may be different as far as what the department defines as disabled. 47.5% is a large loss for being a police officer I would imagine. I had a police officer friend of mine tell me that he could not have surgery on his toe because they would have to fuse it and he would not be able to be on the street anymore.....for a fused toe? even though he would still be able to run and do everything....so needless to say, he did not have the surgery. well maybe he did now, he retired!!
Hi Harley, I also live in NY and worked for the government, not as a police officer though. But I was union and used an attorney (well 2nd one) that was referred to me by my union and am very pleased with him so far!! Definitely check things out thoroughly as requirements for police officers may be different as far as what the department defines as disabled. 47.5% is a large loss for being a police officer I would imagine. I had a police officer friend of mine tell me that he could not have surgery on his toe because they would have to fuse it and he would not be able to be on the street anymore.....for a fused toe? even though he would still be able to run and do everything....so needless to say, he did not have the surgery. well maybe he did now, he retired!!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

you are disabled; you have permanent partial disability.
the number of weeks for different body percentages are listed in appendix II here
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/...dguide.pdf
you will receive payments for the duration of your weeks.
yes you still get medical treatment.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shoulder 30% loss kwhit60 1 2,418 07-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy