Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what a birthday party
last week we had a party for one of the ladies in our small church.Only the ladies over 40 were invited and it was to be a pool party...now I belong to a church that is quite modest in dress...so all 8 of us were in the ladies back yard with a large blowup pool in very modest swim wear..think covered neck to knees...now we are a bit loud and having a good time...chocolate is flowing and with no children we are cutting loose....when I smell rubber burning....I ask Joy you have something cooking inside?about that time the smoke alarm goes off I open the back door and smoke billows out....I freak....having been in a house fire in my youth aint no way I am going in there.....when 2 young men push me aside and run inside and within minutes put this fire out.....a candle had caught some popouri on fire and it being a old house caught fast....the quick actions of these young men saved Joys home...we were so thankful....good neighbors are worth their weight in gold....most exciting birthday party I have been to in a long time
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Bless those young men. Very fortunate no one was hurt.

Any damage to her home?

some but in our church we have carpenters and women and young girls who worked hard this week...they went in and tore out the wall that was damaged and replaced it scrubbed the smoke damaged walls and repainted...it looks better than it did before...the rest of the church ladies divided up her clothing and linens and blankets and washed them for her...she has a freshly washed home...she was a picky housekeeper before so it helped she didnt have alot of clutter....

That is good news, being able to have a close knit society is worth its weight in gold.. You wont see that hospitality here unless there is money involved... Just thank god those young men were around............

By the way, how many was there in that pool... I bet it was a pricless moment.....lol.

8 of us old women.....it was funny as all get out

jayne... I am glad that no one was harmed and knowing your membership everyone helped to put it all back together again. Which one was the birthday girl...do I know her or of her... miss you girl Red
jayne... I am glad that no one was harmed and knowing your membership everyone helped to put it all back together again. Which one was the birthday girl...do I know her or of her... miss you girl Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

it was Tonys birthday and Joys house what was so bad is Joy lives alone her boys are grown and her husband gone.All she has is 2 tint chihuahuas...her house is done in mostly white with accents of pink....so girly it was a small house maybe 500 square feet...so the smoke covered it fast.....but it was put to rights quick...it doesnt take long with so many willing hands....

Oh, the picture I have in my mind right now. HaHaHa! Glad you're all ok. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

we were supposed to be having the party at my house because I have a pool but I had my son home from Iraq that week and other quests since we are modest dressers and men and women dont swim together we moved it to Joys house....its hard to explain to some on here our church is much like a mennonite church.but we are not mennonite but share alot of the same core family and Biblical values....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pizza party at Backaches and Daves backache 8 4,746 02-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Last Post: red1030
  New Years Party At Admin's Tuffy 45 24,459 01-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Last Post: admin
  Valentine's Day Party Tuffy 26 11,936 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Children's Party Game-Need Your Help Bummer Knees 6 5,100 12-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Snowmobile party for Sweet. Tuffy 12 6,929 10-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Last Post: RNvic
Toungue Lets Plan A Halloween Party Tuffy 85 67,542 10-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Dinner Party red1030 7 3,870 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Last Post: vickinat
  redneck pool party collateraldamage5591 21 12,685 01-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Last Post: ksgirl
  New Years Eve Party Tuffy 98 29,728 01-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Last Post: vickinat
  Tulsa Group....lets party.... red1030 9 5,501 12-03-2007, 05:34 PM