Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back injury from two different employers
(08-07-2011, 07:56 PM)jat Wrote: I was put on W/C light duty (sedentary work) for one week and am now on W/C light duty (light work) and physical therapy for 5-6 weeks. My employer met with me and talked nothing about the injury or W/C but did ask me to sign a performance evaluation that was full of false dates and issues I refused to sign but did make notes explaining the lies. I noted on the form that the information was entirely false, I initialed and dated, made a copy and gave to my boss. There is also an accusation from a person stating I had accused him, a supervisor of not doing his job This person does not work for my company. I keep a daily log book (almost a diary of sorts) and I can go back from the day I started and with great detail explian each days activities and who I talked with. I also have recorded several conversations since I was put on W/C. I was told by a coworker today that the manager and asst. manager are going to fire me as soon as they can. The Co. also sent to all branches through out the US my name and a list of my W/C injuries many have been posted for all employees to see. any advise?

find a better employment situation preferably one with union protections.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

if you can prove it...I would take it to a lawyer your medical conditions are between you and your Dr and employers insurance company they cannot legally fire you for filing a WC claim....hang on to the logs....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

contacted a QRC today, he will be contacting my employer in the morning. My employer has orderd me to report for a dr. appt with a DR they choose. My QRC said I could refuse but I should go to it. My QRC will not be able to make this appointment due to a short notice. I have seen two Dr.'s of my choice and they both agreed to the restrictions and scheduled me for physical therapy. My employer also tried to get me to sign on some performance issues and allegations again, I refused again, they are now making me stay home to do online training, I am getting paid. I am to have a meeting with my employer the day after I see there DR.
ANY INPUT?

I have seen two Dr.'s from the Clinic My employer sent me to both Dr.'s say the same thing. W/C has approved all meds. and physical therapy. Employer orderd me to see another Dr. W/C did not have this appointment approved so I would be held resp. for charges is what the clinic said so I did not go to the appointment. Employer is now accusing me of refusing to go to an appointment they now say they would have paid for. A new appointment has now been set by my employer, am I required to go to this appointment? My QRC says I don't have to.
Also is the employer responcible for reporting to MSHA and OSHA or am I? I did fill out a first report of injury and gave to my employer right away.

no, you are not required to attend employer medical exam as long as you are willing to accept the consequences.

any worker can file a safety complaint with osha.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 1,406 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  North Carolina Back Injury HurtCarolina 1 1,796 07-07-2017, 01:49 AM
  Back Injury Settlement backprobs 6 8,140 09-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back injury LPallet 2 3,646 04-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 4,114 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  Back Injury...pls help aceiam 8 8,397 04-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: aceiam
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 4,709 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Back Injury Workers Comp. tjones288 9 15,501 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Robby
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 16,958 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
At Back injury in sc dken 6 6,680 11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dken