Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat wave continues...
It has been so hot here, weather us wisconsinites are not used to. It been in the 90's for almost a week and some days 90% humidity pushing the heat index to almost 110.. We have had the air running non stop, hate to see next months electric bill....lol. Durring the fest it was hot also then turned cold, in which I ended up with sinus infection and then led to pneumonia.. My dr wanted to put me in the hospital for a few days and I rejected that offer.. I have been on Avelox and heavy dosage of predisone for a week now and just starting to breathe better.. The kicker is I have asthma and every time I get sick that kicks in as well, so been using neb treatments every 3 to 4 hrs and the rescue inhaler... I hate being sick...

But on the good side of things, Dominick can roll over and scoots himself in crib.. He looks like he is plowing dirt, flat chested, arms back to the sides and butt way up in the air just a pushing them legs........It's so cute..... We also found out he likes water, took him in the pool ( almost 80 degrees ) legs only in water.. He kicks and kicks and kicks, and with every kick his arms are going to the same motion.. Of course grandpa got peed on.....lol.

time to teach him to swim Bronco.....he is super smart(Nanas know this stuff) so he will learn fast...make sure he has sunblock on...we have had over a month of 100 plus here we are having drought conditions and have burn bans everywhere......our pool is like being in a bathtub....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

We are on our 53rd day with temps reaching over 100 degrees here and 39 days without any measurable precipitation. Not only are we under burn bans (all fireworks were banned in Wichita County, including the big show at the arena, for the 4th of July), but we are also now under water restrictions.. no outdoor watering between 9 am and 8 pm.. and they are talking possible rolling brownouts/blackouts if this continues.

Our electric bill, even with central air out for 13 days between the billing period June 16 - July 17, is almost $250.00 which is the highest it has ever been. I hate to think of what the next one is going to be.

I even told my sister that I heard it was 98 degrees in Denver the other day.. and that I would be looking forward to the cooler temps ~L~

Angel ^j^

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

It is a 108 here today, not for sure of the heat index.

Hubby & a friend traveled to Topeka KS and loaded the trailer with round hay bales. It is so dry here there will be no hay for winter livestock unless the ranches and farmers travel out of the area to buy hay.

Good news, I am seeing green stuff on the radar and hearing thunder.

One more day of 100+ degree temps under our belts. High of 107 here today. No green on the radar for us, nor any tummy rumbles. We have been under a heat advisory for 3 weeks now with them extending it over and over. Right now, it is in effect until 10 pm Tuesday the 26th. But I am positive that they will once again extend it before it is allowed to lapse.

So looking forward to cooler temps and the possibility of seeing some rain next week when Nate and I go to CO/WY. It may make me not want to come home till the temps begin to cool off in the fall.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

we got a little rain today also....what little hay that grew here in Okla is being sold in Texas their state goverment is giving them extra money to buy hay......what normally sold for 25 dollars here last year is going for 150 dollars in texas this year.right now.Towards winter who knows.Cattle is flooding the market right now if you have any money put away at all now is the time to fill your freezers with beef..come next winter, spring its gonna be high dollar to buy

My daughter works as a vet tech at the sale barn where livestock are sold.
She has been told to prepare for more hours as more cattle are sent to the sale barn

No rain yet, it is dancing around us.

yes one of the customers at the feed store where Bill works part time came in complaining he has sent a nice healthy stear in and had got a dollar a lb for it,it should have brought at least a dollar fifty a lb...

It is very nice today, got down in the 60's last night.. Dominick and I slept from 9:00 last night til 4 am , but the only reason he woke up because he was against the crib rails.. His poor head kept hitting the edge and his arm was hanging out...lol. But as soon as I picked him up and settled down he slept through til 7... It was the best sleep we have had in 2 weeks and no ac running..

As far as the beef " where's the beef", I miss that comercial.. But seriously if I had the extra cash I would be filling freezers as well. Its $4.oo lb here for sirloin, hamburger is 250 to 3.00 depending on how lean you like it.... Alot of us northerners hunt deer for filler, veno-hamburger taste awsome but when it comes to a good steak nothing beats beef........

Hubby took the two black angus steers to the locker this morning, an appointment that has been scheduled for a month. They will fill our freezers, hubby gave one to Lori & Todd to fill their freezer and found someone to pay for the processing fee. Lori & Todd continue the road to recovery from the failed transplant surgery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crime wave hurt at work 19 6,544 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Prickly Heat lucky 2 1,835 08-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
Cool Anyone else melting in this heat? bodybuilder1958 6 4,057 07-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Weekend Heat chrischris 4 3,340 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Battle in Washington continues..... freebird 28 18,719 08-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Last Post: jayne
  The investigation continues Bummer Knees 5 3,281 06-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: jayne
Toungue The Fun Continues (Gonna Write a Soap Opera ) UndercovrAngel 2 4,015 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  At MMI, although TTD continues Bummer Knees 1 1,988 07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  The heat is on halftrak 5 3,267 07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Last Post: red1030
  And the game continues copchick 8 3,809 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Last Post: copchick