Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI hearing
I will be going to a hearing with an SSDI judge this coming week. My attorney will be there (of course). Does anyone have any advice/suggestions/ information on what goes on?

Thanks!

I am in NM
Tongue I am in NM

I am sorry that I do not have any advice to give other than what you already know. Just be honest.

I wish you the best outcome.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Had my hearing almost a year ago now and being honest I think is one of the best things. I didn't have a lawyer with me and it was scary to walk in there not really knowing what to expect. In my case the judge was very clear with me on my rights and things and did a great job of telling me everything about what was going on. I feel he could tell what I was saying was the truth and I didn't try to expand on anything. I just answered his questions the best I could. I walked out of there with my SSDI and I can tell you it was a relief to have but also it was a reminder of how my injury had changed my life forever.

just be honest.....dont lie and dont say I cant do something you can do....example...I cant walk 3 blocks....say instead ... I can walk 3 blocks but it is very painful and I need a cane to help steady me...if you are doing something but it hurts say so dont say you cant do it....cuz it will come around and bite you in the butt
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSDI Hearing & More..... neckpain101 5 2,493 08-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Ssdi hearing katicabogar 13 8,795 05-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  had hearing for ssdi on 3-25-08 nutpn 6 4,544 03-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Lilly