Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security at risk!
I am just asking why both sides say they are trying to protect SS. and medicare.when in reality its a lie.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering how everyone is doing. Hope all of you have been doing well and have not been burdened with too many problemss.

I was reading this thread and of course it is of interest because I am also on ss disability. I barely get much ss after they make the deductions they have to take. In fact I come out with $532 and my Blue Cross supplement takes $334 of this. If they were to stop checks it would definately probably cause me to put a bullit to my head. How much more can people like us take. We are pretty much at the hands of their mercy. Our country is in such a bad state. God help us all.
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering how everyone is doing. Hope all of you have been doing well and have not been burdened with too many problemss.

I was reading this thread and of course it is of interest because I am also on ss disability. I barely get much ss after they make the deductions they have to take. In fact I come out with $532 and my Blue Cross supplement takes $334 of this. If they were to stop checks it would definately probably cause me to put a bullit to my head. How much more can people like us take. We are pretty much at the hands of their mercy. Our country is in such a bad state. God help us all.
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

(07-12-2011, 11:56 PM)Wink Wrote: I watched this on FoxNews: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1049706738001...t_id=87485 What bothered me was House Speaker John Boehner's answers to Bret's last two questions. See the end of the video. I mean such BS really bothers me to no end. I think the Republicans ought to STOP pussyfooting around and say what they really think! Yeah, I know that the Republicans are sooo concerned with their public "image" - but that ain't working is it?!

I am a life long Republican who is THOROUGHLY disgusted with his party's weak, sniveling leadership. Unbelievable. (I haven't watched the video. I don't have to - I know what is on it). I have never attended a Tea Party event, but identify with the fiscal issues they promote. The Republican party is in danger of being marginalized and becoming a minor 3rd party, if it cannot collectively grow a pair and speak the plain truth about some of these ridiculous charges.

Of course, they are dealing with a media largely biased and wholly ignorant. When Harry Reid says "Republicans want to starve babies and kill old people", a reporter with half a brain SHOULD ask, "Really? Senator Reid, what facts can you cite that support that accusation?" Instead, they act as lap dogs and just report what he said, as if it was pure fact.

Jayne Wrote:I am just asking why both sides say they are trying to protect SS. and medicare.when in reality its a lie.....

Truth of the matter is SS and Medicare, "left alone", will die a slow and ugly death. Changes have to be made. When Social Security was established in the 1930's, average life expectancy was 65.7 years. You weren't supposed to get Social Security. You were supposed to die. If you did get it, it was supposed to be a supplement, not a retirement plan.

People my age (50) and younger need to be prepared to work longer before qualifying. They need to look at some level of means testing. The system will not be able to support all of us baby boomers for 20 or 30 years of retirement. Somethings got to change.

Admin I agree with the statement......people should be prepared to work longer before qualifying.......then you have the injured workers of this forum who went to work every day but were injured and can no longer work.

I am not giving up on the work issue, been talking to a vocational counselor to help with trainning and locating employment. Gotta finish medical treatment and have additional surgery first.

thats hard to do when every way you do try to say some SOB finds a way to rob it... 401Ks to CDs were hit hard..our saving grace was our farm and Bills military retirement..now the military retirement is also up for grabs as it is a federal program also...I am not gonna worry about it anymore it is not gonna change a darn thing...we did all we could now it is up to them.....and if Obama chooses to not send out our SS checks...he wont call the white house home next election....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You are right it would be political suicide to not send the checks out and Obama knows that. Anybody who comes out and says they might not send the checks out better be careful if they want to stay in office. It is something good to use to scare people because this is a group that is really screwed if the checks don't go out and they know it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011...#pagebreak

I liked the article.

I think he knows that he shot himself in the foot again. I did not hear a thing on the world news about his statement about SSA.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I read an interesting (re: infuriating) article on how this might play out if an agreement is not reached. Apparently, the president will have to decide which bills to pay in the event we cannot continue mortgaging our future to China. They included Social Security as one of the things he could choose not to pay, in order to fund other government activities and continue to service existing debt (to our Chinese overlords).

Two immediate thoughts on this - I pay a specific tax with every payroll check, called FICA. It is specifically taken to fund SS and other related entitlement programs. Additionally, as an employer, I pay a significant tax on total payroll to the same cause. In my view to divert that money elsewhere is illegal. Al Gore and Bill Clinton spoke a great deal about the "Social Security Trust fund". So much so that it has become common vernacular, used often by today's ignorant and clueless media types. Problem is it does not exist. Social Security used to be in a protected fund, but President Johnson and his party changed that, by enacting laws that allowed politicians to spend all that money with a promise to pay it back some day.

Apparently not. It appears to me that the Obama administration now considers SS recipients as bondholders, as creditors to the system. His choice is to "pay" those creditors or not. Ask former General Motors bondholders how that worked for them. The Obama administration, in essentially a government fiat, stripped them of their ownership rights and gave them to the unions. Never before been done in this country. Common move of the Bolsheviks, however.

My second thought is that this will only happen if he can firmly blame the heartless Republicans, who for some reason object to the spiraling debt his government is creating, and do not understand his vision of borrowing our way to prosperity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 4 6,711 07-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Lewis-H
  Social Security disability on verge of insolvency Wink 5 6,093 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Administration Revals Happening More Bummer Knees 14 17,952 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 14,112 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 4,685 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Disability Bad Boy Bad Boy 18 17,366 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Social Security Cookiecrum 13 9,071 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Social Security, something odd Bummer Knees 20 9,526 10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Social Security...Question Spring 19 12,849 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM