Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fired for injury
I worked for a company in WV. I was given an order by a supervisor to weed eat a hill at the office. I followed his orders and weed eated the hill but, because of tall weeds and debris I could only cut it to a safe level of approx 5-6'' high. Seeing this ,the supervisor ,who has a history of harassing and cursing at employees , cussed me out and got a blade for the weed eater and ordered me to recut the hill and he wanted it cut to the ground. While following his orders I was struck by a piece of debris which nicked an artery causing a lot of bleeding. I was sent to the emergency room and was put off work until the object could be removed with surgery . A few days after the accident the company fired me. Their reasons were it makes them look bad to OSHA if they have lost time accidents. Any suggestions on what I can do?

file a WC claim. They still have to cover this. If you can prove this is why they fired you get everything you can together and speak with a lawyer.

contact your union.
file a discrimination complaint
http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fired while on perminent restrictions from a work related injury lostboy72 2 8,698 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Last Post: firedtoday
  Unfiled Work Injury, now fired. firedtoday 3 4,182 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Employer refuses to file injury report - fired in PA Hamilton 5 8,351 03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Fired for Work Related Injury js0810 8 20,337 04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  W/C injury then fired limojay 11 12,459 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
Sad Getting fired because of work related injury comicbookguy 3 19,504 09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Last Post: cnaz