Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lump sum payment and SSDI

(07-07-2011, 01:06 PM)dknxvll Wrote: Hey, thanks for the reply. So there is no such thing as wording it to show it as payments to avoid my checks to stop or lessen the amount of my SS checks? I have been roaming allover the net and found something about a Utica-Mohawk Agreement??

Dave

the only thing that might help is if all the settlement money was to be used for treatment like in Medicare setaside agreement.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-07-2011, 11:15 PM)1171 Wrote:
(07-07-2011, 01:06 PM)dknxvll Wrote: Hey, thanks for the reply. So there is no such thing as wording it to show it as payments to avoid my checks to stop or lessen the amount of my SS checks? I have been roaming allover the net and found something about a Utica-Mohawk Agreement??

Dave

the only thing that might help is if all the settlement money was to be used for treatment like in Medicare setaside agreement.

So just to be clear, you are saying that Utica-Mohawk Agreement type deal wont help? I'll either set aside all the $$ from the settlement or have SS take my checks away for a period of time, correct?

i don't know the terms of your settlement or the calculation ssdi used to determine your earnings.
social security will offset it's payments by the amount of earnings per the link i gave you.
i don't know what more information I can give.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Well, it's pretty simple, my thread/question was...... will SS put some kind of 'hammer' down on me/my SSDI check if I get a lump sum WC check? If so, is there or has there been a way to avoid or lessen the amount SS may or may not take from my SSDI check? You say there isn't from your first reply, others say there is.

Maybe you got 'burned' in your case or denied SSDI or having issues, so hence the 'nope, nothing can be done' type replies to my thread....whatever the reason for the 'generic replies', I do agree, there is no information you can give me.

For anyone else, I'm not sure if this matters, but my SSDI is around $1000 a month, WC settled for around $5000 with lawyer getting 20%..... that leaves around $4000 for me.

we cant give you a yes or no answer we havent seen your contract....if your lawyer worded it right you are okay and wont be offset a whole lot if he didnt it could screw you with me I didnt lose a penny...I had a darn good lawyer.Did you it remains to be seen...as for 1171 he/she is an insurance adjuster and has hung around to help others... dont disrespect him...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(07-08-2011, 09:58 AM)jayne Wrote: we cant give you a yes or no answer we havent seen your contract....if your lawyer worded it right you are okay and wont be offset a whole lot if he didnt it could screw you with me I didnt lose a penny...I had a darn good lawyer.Did you it remains to be seen...as for 1171 he/she is an insurance adjuster and has hung around to help others... dont disrespect him...

A 'good' answer could have been along the lines of what u stated above, with addition to 'yes, there is something called a yada yada clause that may help if put into the contract etc etc etc.....1171's reply was a flat out "no".

"disrespect him"?? No, I agreed with him that indeed there was nothing he could do to 'help' me. It's funny that everyone else after 1171's reply, including yours, was 'yes, there is something that may help'.

If anyone was "disrespected" it would be me with a generic, half arse answer to my question/s..... others, including you, had no trouble saying yes and towards the end, the so called 'no, there is nothing', has a name......Utica-Mohawk Agreement.

Just so I'm clear, I did not and do not think anyone here had a crystal ball and could tell me exactly what will happen with my case, but c'mon, he put no effort in trying to 'help'.... I would expect that from a person that joined 9 days ago with 2 posts...but not someone who has been here from the start and has to have heard something in all these years besides............................... "no".

This is not my first 'rodeo' as far as fourms go. New on this one, but have many miles behind me on various other ones. If someone of any 'status' is going to post a reply, they need to go all or nothing, IMO.

ahhhhhhhh sweetie 1171 is a cut and dri person we are used to him.....hes by the book...we are by the heart...there is a difference....but no one(except me) gets to pick on him and I do it enough for everyone....

(07-08-2011, 11:17 AM)jayne Wrote: ahhhhhhhh sweetie 1171 is a cut and dri person we are used to him.....hes by the book...we are by the heart...there is a difference....but no one(except me) gets to pick on him and I do it enough for everyone....

Point taken... but maybe have him add a page or two to his 'book'. Smile

nahhhhhh then I wouldnt have a reason to rag on him when I am needing someone to needle...I have bad days too and him being a Dem and me a Rep there are days I just have to jab at him a bit.....but when push comes to shove we are both on the same side and thats making this the best WC site in the U.S. and we are doing a good job at it and have for hundreds of years 1171 is a couple of hundred years older than me...but I am catching up...LOL

I don't think there is anybody that has been here for very long that will ever give you bad info. It might not be what we want to hear or the way we would like it but it's going to be pretty good info. One of the big problems in WC is there is just too much info that is needed to give the best answer some times. And even with every piece of info on a case it still doesn't always work out they way you think it should. Trust me on the employers side they are always looking for a new angle to screw us with. Sometimes all the folks on here can do is help guide you where to try and find some answers. And we all have our good days and bad, please just don't jump on anybody too quick and I think you will find this is about the best place to go and find the help you need. I'm not a couple of hundred years old yet like some members but there are days I sure feel like it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had my lump sum settlement aproved Jojoman211 7 11,573 01-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  California 3% payment increase 1171 0 783 06-27-2018, 01:35 PM
  OH Claim Payment W/CPTclaim 1 1,527 07-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Smile 1st offer / Lump sum settlement Mongrel_Money 20 25,939 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mongrel_Money
  Partial Lump Sum for Debt Questions Mongrel_Money 5 5,160 05-02-2015, 08:47 PM
  shall not redeem liability for the payment QUESTION??? BADHABIT12 1 2,789 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM
  Payment of PD?? Help! Treeburn 2 3,936 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  over payment of benefits thesloans 1 2,798 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM
  Lump sum after being released to full duty?? Vicksquick7 1 7,241 02-03-2012, 04:17 AM
  sdi stopped payment pending qme results kylecalifornia 5 14,594 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia