Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impariment rating
I went to the doctor and he gave me a 21% impariment rating for my left ankle and i live in LOUiSIANA and i want to know where i can find the information to see what my injury is worth. and is 21% is a good rating for my ankle.

i have RSD, Pheriphal Neuropathy Been injured since April 2007
spinalcord stimulator implant 2007. still in pain and on medication.

(07-07-2011, 09:56 AM)L.D.T Wrote: I went to the doctor and he gave me a 21% impariment rating for my left ankle and i live in LOUiSIANA and i want to know where i can find the information to see what my injury is worth. and is 21% is a good rating for my ankle.

i have RSD, Pheriphal Neuropathy Been injured since April 2007
spinalcord stimulator implant 2007. still in pain and on medication.

As crazy as this sounds, I have never been given a impairment rating and I reside in this same state. I have been on Louisiana WC since 2003. I have never been asked to have a Impairment rating and I was MMI in late 2008.

My last IME ordered by the state in late 2008, The WC appointed Doctor found me PTD. Good luck in finding out anything from Louisiana WC.

you can contact the workforce commission for more information
http://www.laworks.net/PublicRelations/PR_Contacts.asp

freebird: PTD is an impairment rating.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you for the reply but i am getting the smae information that you have for wokerscomp louisiana just don't give you any information on anything.

Thank you for the reply but i am getting the smae information that you have for wokerscomp louisiana just don't give you any information on anything.

the rating formula is contained in the state's work comp act.
i'm not sure where or how you access the law on line.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-07-2011, 10:33 AM)1171 Wrote: you can contact the workforce commission for more information
http://www.laworks.net/PublicRelations/PR_Contacts.asp

freebird: PTD is an impairment rating.

I respectively disagree. I was told that there were 2 doctors in my area who could give a impairment rating and this Doctor was not one of them. This was a IME and a impairment rating was not involved. He had 5 questions for me at this visit that WC wanted answered and the end result was in his opinion Mr. -------------- is PTD.

You could be right but it was never classified as a impairment rating.

WC Laws in this state are not easy to find; Lots of variables....

i did not indicate where the rating came from or how legitimate or official it was.
only that PTD is a rating.
a small question of semantics.
Smile
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

is that a whole body impairment rating or just for L ankle? That can make a hell of a difference, also what about the depression you now have from new "lifestyle" the injury to back from new gait? etc? my injury is almost identical to yours it seems.....
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 12,573 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: 1171