Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neuropsychologist neurologist what to expect
I had a IME neurological appointment 2 months ago and they have recommended medication for nerve pain in their report, further evaluation and treatment/evaluation by a neuropsychologist. I was wondering if anyone knew what to expect at the first appointment with a neuropsychologist? I was not prepared for the memory test, tasting and smelling tests at the IME appointment and didn't want to get confused and taken off guard. Has anyone had any success with medications for nerve pain? Any advice on what to possibly expect at future appointments.

injured feb 2010 in South Carolina

you can call the doctor's office and ask them to get best answers.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I have attended a couple of the appointments with a couple of neuropsychologists. At the first appointment (both times) they give you several written tests to take. There are no right or wrong answers. I think they are trying to find out if you are depressed, suicidal, malingering etc.. There are also built in indicators that tell them whether or not you tell the truth on the tests. It's not big deal The problem I had was sitting for so long and having to look down. If you need to stand up or move around tell them. It's not bad it just takes quite a while for the tests. Be well rested and answer honestly and you won't have any problems. Good luck!
Tongue I am in NM

Thank you both for your help. I am going to give the doctors office a call to see what they say. I appreciate the information on expecting it to be a long appointment. I have 2 kids to make sure I have someone to be with them during that time. I am not too worried about tests the sitting thing gets to me though. Its already almost a 2 hour drive to the doctors office so I was hoping it wasn't going to be a lot of sitting. The IME appointment had me worried after how it turned out. I didn't even have 24 hours notice then after waiting in the room for 2 hours the doctor came in asked a few questions then made me smell stuff with my eyes shut and the same with tasting stuff. He never explained why for any of it or what he was actually evaluating me for. Just that he was evaluating me for workers comp and double checking some stuff they had questions on. I am just happy to finally be making progress with appointments as slow and confusing as they may be at times.

Thank you both for your help. I am going to give the doctors office a call to see what they say. I appreciate the information on expecting it to be a long appointment. I have 2 kids to make sure I have someone to be with them during that time. I am not too worried about tests the sitting thing gets to me though. Its already almost a 2 hour drive to the doctors office so I was hoping it wasn't going to be a lot of sitting. The IME appointment had me worried after how it turned out. I didn't even have 24 hours notice then after waiting in the room for 2 hours the doctor came in asked a few questions then made me smell stuff with my eyes shut and the same with tasting stuff. He never explained why for any of it or what he was actually evaluating me for. Just that he was evaluating me for workers comp and double checking some stuff they had questions on. I am just happy to finally be making progress with appointments as slow and confusing as they may be at times.

(07-07-2011, 03:00 AM)crimsonmedic Wrote: Thank you both for your help. I am going to give the doctors office a call to see what they say. I appreciate the information on expecting it to be a long appointment. I have 2 kids to make sure I have someone to be with them during that time. I am not too worried about tests the sitting thing gets to me though. Its already almost a 2 hour drive to the doctors office so I was hoping it wasn't going to be a lot of sitting. The IME appointment had me worried after how it turned out. I didn't even have 24 hours notice then after waiting in the room for 2 hours the doctor came in asked a few questions then made me smell stuff with my eyes shut and the same with tasting stuff. He never explained why for any of it or what he was actually evaluating me for. Just that he was evaluating me for workers comp and double checking some stuff they had questions on. I am just happy to finally be making progress with appointments as slow and confusing as they may be at times.

Can you tell me the Drs. Name in SC?? And town because we can’t find one anywhere and I need to find one so I can go see one... please and thank you in advance...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  workers comp. case denied need to see neurologist! m.fingernagel 7 12,279 05-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Lilly