Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accepting a settlement in Michigan
you should start your own thread so information is not confused with neenee's post.
comp rules are different in each state so include your jurisdiction information.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Lo
(07-01-2011, 11:29 AM)freebird Wrote: Are you MMI? Have you had a FCE? Depending on a "lot" of circumstances, your $732 a week could be cut off but.....

If you need medical/prescription drugs in the future, you need to look at a WCMSA (Workers Compensation Medicare set aside) or open medical.

If anyone tries to close a WC Case without any future medical, Fines could be levied against Attorney's and possibly you. Medicare does not/ will not pay for your work related injury, Most GHP(Group Health Plans) will not pay for your injury. They expect WC IC to foot this bill.

Where are you at medically and what is your future medical needs? What does your latest IME SAY? Just because your employer cannot find a job for your restrictions does not mean you are free to continue to draw TTD.
Good Luck

http://www.cms.gov/WorkersCompAgencyServ...taside.asp

I just went for my FCE first of june. They had to stop the test cause of the pain. I will need to take meds. For the rest of my life. They are looking to do a MMI. Does this mean that I will have to take the settlement, I can't continue the payments. I max out because it is only 50% of my bring home pay.

(07-01-2011, 03:59 PM)neenee Wrote: Lo
(07-01-2011, 11:29 AM)freebird Wrote: Are you MMI? Have you had a FCE? Depending on a "lot" of circumstances, your $732 a week could be cut off but.....

If you need medical/prescription drugs in the future, you need to look at a WCMSA (Workers Compensation Medicare set aside) or open medical.

If anyone tries to close a WC Case without any future medical, Fines could be levied against Attorney's and possibly you. Medicare does not/ will not pay for your work related injury, Most GHP(Group Health Plans) will not pay for your injury. They expect WC IC to foot this bill.

Where are you at medically and what is your future medical needs? What does your latest IME SAY? Just because your employer cannot find a job for your restrictions does not mean you are free to continue to draw TTD.
Good Luck

http://www.cms.gov/WorkersCompAgencyServ...taside.asp

I just went for my FCE first of june. They had to stop the test cause of the pain. I will need to take meds. For the rest of my life. They are looking to do a MMI. Does this mean that I will have to take the settlement, I can't continue the payments. I max out because it is only 50% of my bring home pay.

Have you actually seen the results of the FCE? Just wondering what they said when you could not continue. If I were you, I would get a copy of that report. Some put little into a FCE outcome but.....

MMI is Maximum Medical Improvement. IF they are looking at putting you at MMI, I would say they would be looking to settle and/or for you to find employment within your Restrictions.

Yes, A Judge could force you to take a settlement if it is in the interest of both parties. If you are MMI, things will start rolling pretty quick because the IC wants to get you off there books.

Maybe Vocational Rehab is in your future. What STATE YOU RESIDE IN is a big factor in all this.

NOW I was found MMI in early 2009. We met in early 2009 and agreed on a C&R Settlement with a Cash Indemnity and a MSA. The settlement was Contingent on the MSA being approved by ALL parties before it was sent to CMS for approval. Guess what? The MSA still is in Limbo but in the hands of CMS since Feb. 2011 meaning I have yet to settle. I still receive my checks and my medical is paid for....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement Questions- Michigan chubbygodofthunder 11 3,294 02-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post: chubbygodofthunder
  when do wages start accruing (WC in michigan) tropic00 2 911 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  HELP PLEASE....NC surgeon accepting NJ comp MrAmazingsMom 1 1,652 06-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Michigan permanent work restriction question dvande04 2 3,028 05-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dvande04
  Michigan Comp Case MyBackHurtsBad 3 3,372 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: MyBackHurtsBad
  Michigan-worker's comp settlement for $60,000 fair for a broken back? sunnykate 2 7,167 12-02-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Sedertree
  Facilitation in Michigan Sedertree 4 4,876 12-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Sedertree
  Restricted to work 7-4 question (Michigan) and.so.it.begins 3 4,158 04-05-2015, 11:19 PM
  michigan light duty daczs100 15 15,460 02-28-2014, 11:40 PM
  From Michigan: New to this, have a ton of questions. tmilit01 4 6,050 06-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Last Post: jayne