Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inicial procedure after injury?
Hi, this might be an easy question for many people in this forum. While working last saturday(6/25) I injured myself with a sharp instrument while doing a procedure on a patient. Patient failed to disclosed(medical history was reviewed by 2 doctors and me) he was diagnosed with hepatitis C several years ago. After my injury I questioned patient for several minutes until he told me of his Hepatitis C diagnosis. Said He was treated for it and was currently under 6 month controls. My employeer has workman's comp but this seems to be the first time it happens in his office and I myself am not sure what the procedure or my rights are..any advise? Thx

the procedures vary by state but all start with informing your employer.
then you will need to get checked out medically.
you and your employer need to report the incident in writing so there is a record.
if something develops later the documentation should help in determining liability.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hep C dosen't show up right away along. My sister has it and it was years before she tested positive for Hep C.

She worked for a large aircraft plant with the chemicals in the department she worked in leading to the Hep C.
In fact 7 co-workers in her small department had Hep C and she had been exposed to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this standard procedure or is there no end to this Lostandconfused 15 1,728 11-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Proper Procedure for Returning to Work DownbutNotOut 2 1,892 09-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Uncomfortable with Invasive Procedure SandyK 13 11,514 04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: SandyK
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,315 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  forced to do surgical procedure intellec 21 12,585 06-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Spine Fusion?Is the outcome of this procedure Positive? borninabarn 13 15,641 09-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: mistreated