Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCS installed should a final settelment come soon?
Question 
Hello.I have been on this site for years but never posted anything.A short review on my issuse.2-3-04 i had a work accident that caused me to have s1-2-3 herniated disk and tears at 4-5,had fail back surgery in 04 I have RSD in my legs and feet .I have had millon different treatments over the last 8 years.Finally after many fights in court and IC denying the court ordered SCS.I just got it installed 6 days ago.I have had everything thrown at me by the IC from PI's following me and camping out in the back of my home to having the IC adjuster denying meds and items need for recovery ,she even went as far as only approving me for a dorm room single temp bed.i am married where would my husband sleep LOL.The medical supply company who i used called me and went ahead and delivered me a king size back master ( LOVE IT ) and are going to sue the IC.I have had 2 settelment offers that were a slap in the face the last one was 8 months ago.Now I have this scs installed I wanted to know if anyone know's what to expect now that i have a device installed as to what the IC will try to do now .Thanks .[/size][/font]
I forgot my State Delaware sorry !
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH Tongue

number one the insurance company may pay only the cost of the single bed and you may be billed for the difference...where your husband sleeps is not there problem he was not injured or insured you were...and I bet the judge sides with them....I am an injured worker also settled years ago
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(06-23-2011, 01:12 PM)jayne Wrote: number one the insurance company may pay only the cost of the single bed and you may be billed for the difference...where your husband sleeps is not there problem he was not injured or insured you were...and I bet the judge sides with them....I am an injured worker also settled years ago

I was told by my lawyer and the medical supply company that by law they could not send just a dorm single bed because I'm married.What kind of injury's have you been dealing with? Are you taken care of by IC?How are You doing now?
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH Tongue

Not sure what they are going to do. I know of a case where WC sent a person with a SCS in for an IME and that doctor tried to get them to force them to remove the SCS. They didn't do it but you never know. Both the wife and I have SCS and I can tell you we love them. They don't help very much with the lower back pain but really help with my legs. Not sure which kind you got but it can take a bit of time to get it adjusted to best help you. For me I think they have changed the programming in mine maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years. Good luck

(06-23-2011, 03:50 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Not sure what they are going to do. I know of a case where WC sent a person with a SCS in for an IME and that doctor tried to get them to force them to remove the SCS. They didn't do it but you never know. Both the wife and I have SCS and I can tell you we love them. They don't help very much with the lower back pain but really help with my legs. Not sure which kind you got but it can take a bit of time to get it adjusted to best help you. For me I think they have changed the programming in mine maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years. Good luck

I have the SCS in mid and lower back installed 6 day ago still tying to stay put and not do anything which is hard to do.I fought 3 years to have this done and was denied by a doc from the IC who never saw me and we appealed and won in court in Jan 2011 ,I had no problem getting right in for the trial but was told i had to wait for 30 days for the SCS installment and from there the IC refused to comply with IAB decission so my lawyer placed a Huffman complaint against the IC and after the 30 day wait for that so 3 years and 6 months it took to get it in .How did you manage keep yourself sane while recoverying from the SCS.?
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH Tongue

Sunshine - my SCS was implanted about a year and a half ago. Recovery was hard for me. The pain in my upper back where the put the stim is still painful to this day. I do get relief in my lower back and legs, but not an enormous amount. Enough to take the edge off when it gets bad.
Do you think that the ins co will settle now that you've had your SCS? Mine could care less. As a matter of fact, they think that now that I have the stim, I should be able to go back to work! I have been trying to get a settlement but ins co is not interested unless I'm ready to let them get away with 2 years, and that's a joke. They could care less about fusions, screws, cages, leg braces and SCS. they just want me back at work and refuse to settle. I can not work. I can't sit for more than hour at a time before I have to lay down.

I wish you luck and I hope you can get whatever it is that you want.

Take care
Dina

(06-23-2011, 04:31 PM)Sunshine47 Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 03:50 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Not sure what they are going to do. I know of a case where WC sent a person with a SCS in for an IME and that doctor tried to get them to force them to remove the SCS. They didn't do it but you never know. Both the wife and I have SCS and I can tell you we love them. They don't help very much with the lower back pain but really help with my legs. Not sure which kind you got but it can take a bit of time to get it adjusted to best help you. For me I think they have changed the programming in mine maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years. Good luck

I have the SCS in mid and lower back installed 6 day ago still tying to stay put and not do anything which is hard to do.I fought 3 years to have this done and was denied by a doc from the IC who never saw me and we appealed and won in court in Jan 2011 ,I had no problem getting right in for the trial but was told i had to wait for 30 days for the SCS installment and from there the IC refused to comply with IAB decission so my lawyer placed a Huffman complaint against the IC and after the 30 day wait for that so 3 years and 6 months it took to get it in .How did you manage keep yourself sane while recoverying from the SCS.?

It's not a fun time. The middle of my back where he put the leads in hurt for better then a month. The best thing we did was buy one of those whole body pillows and put it between the wife and I. It kept her from bumping me in the night and I could kind of lay on it so I was not really on my back or my side. Just remember what the doctor said and not do any bending or jerking around that could move your leads before they heal. It is a ruff time but the relief I got was well worth the pain. I didn't think so at the time but it was.

Thanks Manley and Nursedina ,All I feel as far as pain from the surgery is the stiches in the middle of my back and in the buttox area they are sore and brused.I been lying on my back and left side.and sometimes on the right where the battery is implanted but it's all hard anyway I lay.Dina I will fight to the end with the IC after all the stupit crap they have thrown at me .As far as going back to work I will never be able to do so i have more injuries keeping me in pain besides the back issues. Manley I am trying to keep from bending and all those things the doc told me not to do I'm just bored and restless.thank you.
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH Tongue

It sucks to be careful but it's worth it. As for will they settle soon who knows. My SCS has been in for almost 3 years now and I'm still on WC

To all of you with the SCS how long did you have to wait after surgeries etc... failed before the doctors went with the SCS?

Would you do it again?

Sunshine47, WC approved a bed?!? Seriously? Boy do I feel like a total newbie about all this. How did that happen? Anyway, however you go the approval, grats and hope it helps!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C&R settelment opinion/advice mia walles 1 1,529 10-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Who does my final rating ?? Joey1234 1 3,237 08-09-2014, 01:07 AM
  Final Stages preframe 1 3,075 05-21-2014, 01:22 AM
  Got Final Rating Now what? Football71 22 27,659 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Rolleyes Final settlement Ruki 2 10,220 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Cool Final PPD payment greenjob 1 8,782 07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
  Final Settlement southpaw756 1 6,294 11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  How long does a settelment usually take in Oregon? nwpapa 0 2,472 10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Last Post: nwpapa
  FINAL HEARING backache 9 9,117 02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Last Post: backache
  settlement not final yet bothknees 3 3,344 10-06-2007, 11:24 AM