Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHRONIC PAIN & WORKERS' COMP
Chonic Pain is a common and difficult problem for the workers comp systems in this country to deal with.
It is difficult for many doctors to recognize and treat chronic pain.
Both need enlightened guidelines that acknowledge the condition as real and treatable.

Prolonged serious pain= emotional injury & disability

if you or someone you know is suffering from chronic pain and exhibiting problems with anger and depression get a referral for counseling and therapy.
it is only treatable with professional help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Wait, you mean somebody is trying to help the injured worker? That can't be. Doesn't WC want to get chronic pain written off as not a work related injury? lol
I have only read through part of the guidelines but it sure does sound like they want to help

And now in California where Almarez/Guzman is final! We hope! Chronic pain can be rated using a combination of chapters in the AMA relating to the employee's entire injury, including the consequences.

DWC CA Quote: "the injured employee’s whole person impairment (WPI) under the AMA Guides; and (4) when determining an injured employee’s WPI, it is not permissible to go outside the four corners of the AMA Guides; however, a physician may utilize any chapter, table, or method in the AMA Guides that most accurately reflects the injured employee’s impairment."

En Blanc Decision is good law and a Petition for Review was denied on 6/19/2011:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/wcab/EnBancdecisio...ep2009.doc
Let Go, and Let God......

OMG to have had even an inkling of that when I fell!
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Hello,
I am a worried wife of an injured heating and air thec. in Nebraska. My husband was hurt at work in January 2012. After lots of P.T. and epidural shots, that didn't work he had back surgery in May and it failed maybe because he came out of surgery extremely sick, vomiting(bad situation right after lower back surgery) because of a reaction from the anesthesia, a problem that could of been prevented by a small patch($30 patch) that should have been, in my opinion, at least offered because we had no idea he would have the reaction he did, never having gone under anesthesia in his adult life. He had a second back surgery in December 2012 and had some pain relief for a few days (3-4) after surgery. Now the pain is back and he was released back to work just to be laid off shortly there after and of coarse no TTD checks coming, he has become very depressed!! I am wondering how to go about getting a referral so that work comp. insurance can be responsible for the expense, I feel that the situation he is in, stems from his injury and failed surgery situations. Can anyone tell me if my assuming they should be responsible for this is fair on my part or would we be responsible for paying for theses kinds of treatments?? Also would he need to get a referral from his surgeon beings he's the only treating dr. at this point? Thanks in advance to all how reply, need all the help we can get!!

you should start a separate thread when there is a separate situation/problem.

yes.
counseling required as a consequence of treatment for a work injury would be covered.
yes his treating doctor should make the referral.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you so very very much!! I have many questions and I am so happy I found this forum. If I could do this wc experience over I would have done my homework a lot sooner!!

any time you begin will help; it's a long process.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-18-2013, 07:03 PM)wwdoitover Wrote: Hello,
I am a worried wife of an injured heating and air thec. in Nebraska. My husband was hurt at work in January 2012. After lots of P.T. and epidural shots, that didn't work he had back surgery in May and it failed maybe because he came out of surgery extremely sick, vomiting(bad situation right after lower back surgery) because of a reaction from the anesthesia, a problem that could of been prevented by a small patch($30 patch) that should have been, in my opinion, at least offered because we had no idea he would have the reaction he did, never having gone under anesthesia in his adult life. He had a second back surgery in December 2012 and had some pain relief for a few days (3-4) after surgery. Now the pain is back and he was released back to work just to be laid off shortly there after and of coarse no TTD checks coming, he has become very depressed!! I am wondering how to go about getting a referral so that work comp. insurance can be responsible for the expense, I feel that the situation he is in, stems from his injury and failed surgery situations. Can anyone tell me if my assuming they should be responsible for this is fair on my part or would we be responsible for paying for theses kinds of treatments?? Also would he need to get a referral from his surgeon beings he's the only treating dr. at this point? Thanks in advance to all how reply, need all the help we can get!!

I am in the same situation.I am a a/c installer that hurt my back in may 2011,after a year they finally did a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy.It is now april and i am still not working,in constant pain,sciatic pain,lots of meds,benefits have stopped.I have worked for the same co for 27 years and they tell me i can go back to work.This has been a total joke and i go to mediation may 2nd.Any advice? 1 A/C MAN TO ANOTHER.I am in Fl.I would also like to see a mental health professional as this is the worst experience of my life!!!!
I am in the same situation.I am a a/c installer that hurt my back in may 2011,after a year they finally did a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy.It is now april and i am still not working,in constant pain,sciatic pain,lots of meds,benefits have stopped.I have worked for the same co for 27 years and they tell me i can go back to work.This has been a total joke and i go to mediation may 2nd.Any advice? 1 A/C MAN TO ANOTHER.I am in Fl.I would also like to see a mental health professional as this is the worst experience of my life!!!!

(04-11-2013, 04:52 PM)lumbar laminectomy Wrote: I am in the same situation.I am a a/c installer that hurt my back in may 2011,after a year they finally did a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy.It is now april and i am still not working,in constant pain,sciatic pain,lots of meds,benefits have stopped.I have worked for the same co for 27 years and they tell me i can go back to work.This has been a total joke and i go to mediation may 2nd.Any advice? 1 A/C MAN TO ANOTHER.I am in Fl.I would also like to see a mental health professional as this is the worst experience of my life!!!!

you should start your own thread.
ask your doctor for a referral for counseling.
you can get a one time change of physician.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I still get workers comp if I've been laid off? AlexWhite 2 1,493 11-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Last Post: mattlewis
  Workers comp overpayment notice for California Angnava17 4 1,413 09-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Sang15512
  Should essential workers automatically qalify for comp if theyhave covid-19? 1171 4 3,238 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  California give essential workers comp presumption.... 1171 0 1,633 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 27 14,032 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
  house arrest while out on workers comp msb2020 2 1,358 01-12-2020, 07:56 PM
  Achilles Repair. Workers comp question... Go Cowboys! 3 1,864 09-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Workers Comp settlement in NJ eclark16 9 3,301 09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: eclark16
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 1,843 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM
  Built a map of workers comp. John_Richardson 1 2,301 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis