Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plz help
Can anyone give me advice? I have had a titanium plate put in my neck/spine month ago been in and out of Hosp since my surgery for spasms in neck would I qualify for lumpsum comp I'm in my early 20s have few kids. I'm in AUS any help would be much appreciated thanks

in some states yes others no.
that's why this site requests that posters give their state
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Profile updated in in qld AUS thanks

it's not enough that we handle 50 different state work comp laws now we are getting requests from Australia!!!

Welcome mate.

I can only offer general information. Like in the states I believe you have to have been assessed for permanent impairment before you are eligible. a physician has to perform a disability rating and assign a percentage to your impairment.

some information on the process of obtaining a lump sum is available from WORKCOVER QUEENSLAND
here
http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/__data/as...213-V2.pdf

the rules governing work comp benefits including ratings and lumpsum payments are here
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISL...ompR03.pdf

sorry i could not be more help but I haven't had many questions on Australian compo
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Welcome aboard. Glad to see you found us and hope we can help. Might be interesting to learn how it works outside the US.

Well thanks Alot for going out of ur way to do that much appreciated! I think with my situation it's just a waiting game. I really hope I get compensation for this I'm to young to be in pain everyday! Just curious in America would there be compensation for my injury? I had an Anterior Cervical Decompression & Fusion (upper spine fusion and decompression of the nerve) nice big cut in the front of my neck. I can't seem to find anything on impairement ratings for my injury. Thanks looks like ill be sticking around for a while.

Well it sounds like the waiting part is the same. I'm betting the only thing that happens fast is when they decide to stop paying you. For me it is always hard to find out much about impairment ratings. I think part of the game is making it so hard to figure out all the rules and reg's. That way you don't figure out how hard you got screwed until its over

(06-19-2011, 03:59 AM)Bilistik Wrote: Just curious in America would there be compensation for my injury? I had an Anterior Cervical Decompression & Fusion (upper spine fusion and decompression of the nerve) nice big cut in the front of my neck. I can't seem to find anything on impairement ratings for my injury. Thanks looks like ill be sticking around for a while.

each state has their own system. many use impairment; a few use wage loss (like unemployment benefits) and few use a combination of the two.
those that use impairment either have their own rating standards or use those of the American Medical Association.
impairment ratings are usually not based on pain but on loss of function e.g. what you can and can't do--lots of measurements.
generally a spinal fusion would get an impairment rating.
here is some information on how the AMA guides would rate some spinal injuries
http://www.neurosurgical.com/insurance/a..._spine.htm

the complete AMA guide is not available on line. many physicians have a copy and most medical school libraries.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thought I'd put this up but I'm gonna ask workcover to be assessed for permanent impairment tomorrow.

If you had this surgery only a month ago I don't think anybody is going to be wanting to talk about any permanent impairment yet. Plus if your still having allot of problems from the surgery you want to get everything worked out as much as possible. You will want to be at whats called MMI or maximum medical improvement. I don't know what would be normal in your case but for that kind of surgery you may be talking about a year before you would reach MMI.