Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotator cuff injury
Sept 14, I tripped over a cable that I had asked to have fixed for several months. I hurt my rt shoulder..supraspinatus impingement. Six weeks of PT then PT suggested I see an orthopedic surgeon. I went to my GP first and he suggested I rest it awhile and see what happens. Jan 1, I retired from job rather than live in the city as required. Shoulder still hurt finally went to orthopedic surgeon in May again, he did an MRI said he saw a partial tear and did a cortisone shot. I have been going downhill ever since. I have had to use a sling bc many movements hurt. I am going back to ortho june 30. If I cant work bc of surgery or pain will I be able to get TTD?

(06-17-2011, 08:37 PM)Terry55 Wrote: Sept 14, I tripped over a cable that I had asked to have fixed for several months. I hurt my rt shoulder..supraspinatus impingement. Six weeks of PT then PT suggested I see an orthopedic surgeon. I went to my GP first and he suggested I rest it awhile and see what happens. Jan 1, I retired from job rather than live in the city as required. Shoulder still hurt finally went to orthopedic surgeon in May again, he did an MRI said he saw a partial tear and did a cortisone shot. I have been going downhill ever since. I have had to use a sling bc many movements hurt. I am going back to ortho june 30. If I cant work bc of surgery or pain will I be able to get TTD?
Million dollar question. For Pain, NO at least in my state.
Surgery that is needed due to a work related injury, I would say yes.

(06-17-2011, 08:37 PM)Terry55 Wrote: If I cant work bc of surgery or pain will I be able to get TTD?

Hey Terry!

Probably want to post the state - (did ya?) My experience, you are probably eligible for State Disability at the least. You need to speak with a Workers Comp Attorney - you may have a case and if you do, you will need a WC attorney to protect you at any rate.

(06-17-2011, 08:46 PM)socal Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 08:37 PM)Terry55 Wrote: If I cant work bc of surgery or pain will I be able to get TTD?

Hey Terry!

Probably want to post the state - (did ya?) My experience, you are probably eligible for State Disability at the least. You need to speak with a Workers Comp Attorney - you may have a case and if you do, you will need a WC attorney to protect you at any rate.

Sorry, sorry,sorry and I just saw the post that said to ALWAYS post state! I am in Wisconsin

(06-17-2011, 08:50 PM)Terry55 Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 08:46 PM)socal Wrote:

Hey Terry!

Sorry, sorry,sorry and I just saw the post that said to ALWAYS post state! I am in Wisconsin

here's the answer but in payment you have to sign a recall walker petition in order to help other workers
http://recallwalkercountdown.com/

no TTD when there is no loss in wages per Keys v tower Automotive
http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/lirc/wcdecsns/1116.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What is TTD? I had the same thing with the Supraspinatus(mine was partially torn) and had to have 2 surgeries. Both were AC Joint Resections. They didnt do anything with the Supraspinatus, but they shaved bone for the impingment. The first surgery was Orthroscopic and didnt do the trick. The second was open surgery and took care of most. between the 2 surgeries I had 2 Cortizone shots and countless PT. In my opinion the Cortizone is a temp fix at best. My on the job injury happend on May 7 2010 and my first day back was yesterday. I believe I may have rushed it a little, My second surgery was March 10, 2011. My upper managers were giving me so much crap I thought my job was in jeopardy. I work for the federal gov't and they wold have taken me out of my FF job and put me somewhere else. I wouldnt loose money but my retirement would have been all jacked.......just not worth the chance. I say all that to say that if you are not getting better, you may want to look at surgery closer. Hopefully they will get it right the first time. I personally lost some range and strength but all in all it was worth it.

Ttd is temp total disability during healing period

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rotator cuff tear...please advise :) maggiemae4321 3 5,293 01-23-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: workcomptired
  cervical radiculopathy neck & rotator cuff tendanitis alice13 2 4,421 01-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Rotator cuff , employer nightmare , lombar 5 7,602 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  rotor cuff settlement jsbbull 1 21,112 06-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Cmegone
  Rotator cuff surgery and Neck sugery gowen64 17 23,962 01-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  R/ shoulder rotator cuff tear jsbbull 2 14,001 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Last Post: jsbbull
Toungue rotator cuff tear Bernie57 0 6,199 03-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Bernie57
Sad Possible Rotater Cuff Tear shortapplespice 3 6,137 01-22-2010, 02:29 AM