Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Med question and a quick catch up
Question 
Hello everyone, and for those of you I don't know, Nice meet.

Okay two things to start: #1: I am no longer a WC "client" my case settled and I have a GOOD medical set-aside. I have CRPS types I &II lower left leg from a severe ankle fracture and crush type injury. I also have a ruptured L4 ,L5, and herniated S1. There are 3 ruptured disc in lower cervical but cannot remember which ones. #2. If you do not know me please don't make judgmental comments on my pain meds. Ask anyone, I went through hell and back to get here and have been on everything under the sun.

I just changed pain docs due to the move. I really like this guy and for once someone at least knows as much about rsd as me lol. He is taking me off of the dilaudid, and is putting me on MSIR for breakthrough. I am wondering if anyone here has been or is on the MSIR and what you think of it? I am already on MS Cotin 30mg every12 hours, so tolerance is not a problem. I am curious as to how is it different from the dilaudid, I can't find a way to type that in google and get an easy answer lol. The dilaudid held me now for 4+ years and I guess any change after all the od's and reactions kinda freaks me out.

Thanks, Sithie

HIYA Back Jayne, Red, Admin, good to see you. A year without internet really upped my book reading lol!
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

(06-17-2011, 07:11 PM)Sithie Wrote: Hello everyone, and for those of you I don't know, Nice meet.

Okay two things to start: #1: I am no longer a WC "client" my case settled and I have a GOOD medical set-aside. I have CRPS types I &II lower left leg from a severe ankle fracture and crush type injury. I also have a ruptured L4 ,L5, and herniated S1. There are 3 ruptured disc in lower cervical but cannot remember which ones. #2. If you do not know me please don't make judgmental comments on my pain meds. Ask anyone, I went through hell and back to get here and have been on everything under the sun.

I just changed pain docs due to the move. I really like this guy and for once someone at least knows as much about rsd as me lol. He is taking me off of the dilaudid, and is putting me on MSIR for breakthrough. I am wondering if anyone here has been or is on the MSIR and what you think of it? I am already on MS Cotin 30mg every12 hours, so tolerance is not a problem. I am curious as to how is it different from the dilaudid, I can't find a way to type that in google and get an easy answer lol. The dilaudid held me now for 4+ years and I guess any change after all the od's and reactions kinda freaks me out.

Thanks, Sithie

HIYA Back Jayne, Red, Admin, good to see you. A year without internet really upped my book reading lol!

Hello Sithie,

I am new to the forum, don't know anything about MSIR but I use a patch Butrans, it is a 7 day pain patch, morphine. pumps medicine continued 24/7 7 days a week. I have been wearing patch for 3 months and have not had any side affects, seems to work totally. Just wanted to share with you.

I'm not sure how to look that up at all. My PM doc has me on dilaudid for breakthrough as well and has told me it is the best for that. Sorry if it worked for you but he wants to take it away. Why is he changing it? I think WC would like to get me off it just because of the cost. My Oxy is costing them about $550 a month and the dilaudid is another $250 a month

(06-17-2011, 07:11 PM)Sithie Wrote: Hello everyone, and for those of you I don't know, Nice meet.

Thanks, Sithie

MSIR Morphine Sulphate Instant Release

Glad you are back sithie,long time you been gone....help us drive Admin crazy
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Lol Jayne gal you never quit do ya? Admin you upgraded her outhouse lately? Manley. Gothcha thank you both. In a way I am kinda looking forward to the change as the Didaudid is now at 4mg 3-5 times a day, and I think it may be giving me headaches. I am just curious about the chemistry differences, and such. Also Gotcha thanks for the info, I was unaware there was a morphine patch. As Jayne can attest to, the fentenyl patch tried to kill me 3 times so am leery now. but may ask doc. I will be around alot more Jayne, love you and missed you. Gonna come your way in fall, to do he diamond thing, so will be by day or so both ways.
Sithie

Sithie. I am sorta new here. Been dealn w chronic pain in low bck for goin on a yr now. WC for yr now. If you dont mind me askn, what happened with you and fentanyl patch? I just started this patch 5 days ago and so far I am ok. Not really liking the side effects. Ive thrown up several times. My husband thinks the patch is horrible and treats me like im a druged up junkie, just from all the bad rap the patch gets around our area.
I wld just like to know what to watch out for or if its a bad deal and I shld ask for something different.
31 year old mother of 3. Working as Pre-K Teacher. Tripped over leg of therapy swing, twisted and jammed lower back.
Diagnosed w/ SI Joint Dysfunction. Moderate to severe pain daily. Limiting most functions.

watch Sithie Weezle shes a Texan and they talk funny and cant play football at all...Sithie you pick the date and will meet you at the diamond mine with my new camper...we will camp for a few days....its big enough to sleep you and Bri if you dont snore.....and smoke outside..have to be after sept time frame cuz its to hot before that to be digging in the dirt.And no I dont travel with the pig anymore...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Man my doc started me out at 4mg every 4-6 hours. He just doubled my oxy and I think that has helped more then I though it would.

The patch for me od'ed me everytime I wore it even for the smallest dose. It would start happening in first 4 hours. I would vomit first then feel an overwhelming desire to sleep. to the point I had no choice. NoOW AT MY HOUSE, we have new med rules, I start NOTHING at night, and NOTHING unless Brian can be home to watch me. The last od he ripped off the patch as i laid down on the couch for an involuntary "nap". during the next 5 hours he had to shake me numerous times to make me breath.

That is my patch experience hope it helps. Some people it changes there life for the good allowing a much better quality of life. I am just naturally unlucky.
Sithie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question from south dakota Dontworryaboutit 8 3,340 03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Just a quick question missinandre 1 1,728 06-15-2016, 12:02 PM
  Need quick info plz jamief 4 3,815 12-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Quick question about Lumbar injury, rating, and state disability Frayed 17 31,184 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Frayed
  QUICK HELP - work hardening constantpain 4 5,892 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
  Quick update.... ammowoman 4 4,295 07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  Quick question about a "notice of ability to return to work"? saberee 2 12,574 01-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Quick question kb33dawgs 4 5,154 12-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Last Post: kb33dawgs
  Just a real quick question TiredOfHurting09 13 9,108 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09
  QUICK QUESTION halftrak 3 3,624 02-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo