Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting prayers for my oldest son
Hi All,

My oldest is 28, he's the one that started having leg pain last year and then difficulty walking. We've done physical therapy, it helped the pain but not the walking. We had an MRI done last week and well atleast the MRI didn't show a spinal lesion. But the outcome of the MRI just literally shocked me as well as his orthopedic doctor.

He has node deformities thru out his spine. (Sorry but that's the good news). He has mild to moderate spinal stenosis throughout his spine. T-12-L2 suggest significant stenosis.

L2-L5 show narrowing with hypertrophic changes of facet joints and ligamentum flavum.

L4-5 is narrowed plus a disc bulge.

There is alot more information on the MRI that suggest that all of this is congenital in nature and that it is progressive

He sees the same neurosurgeon that I recommended to Bummer Knees in late July, it's the earliest that he can get in. He has severe asthma, heart problems, sleep apnea,, skin problems (somewhat severe), asperger's syndrome. He's taking the news better than I am at this point. I don't see how he won't avoid having his entire back rodded at this point. He's a big man and it's alot of narrowing. So I'm asking for prayers.

Thank you,
Bodybuilder1958
[

you got em girl.....wish I knew what I was praying for in english.... right now I will pray for strength for your family cuz I dont understand the rest of it...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You have our prayers. Glad he is taking to news okay because thats allot to deal with. Just remember the power of prayer.

were praying dear
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Prayer has sustained Joshua all of his life and it will continue to sustain him. He had been looking forward to starting college in the fall that may need to be put off.

(06-14-2011, 09:18 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Prayer has sustained Joshua all of his life and it will continue to sustain him. He had been looking forward to starting college in the fall that may need to be put off.

Dear Lord, I ask you to turn this weakness into strength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May your servant trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let him be filled with patience and joy in your presence as he waits for your healing touch.

Please restore your servant to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from his heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through his life.

Amen....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Requesting prayers for my husband bodybuilder1958 2 2,443 11-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Last Post: monster1963
  Our oldest has gone home bronco54501 6 3,754 09-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Oldest son's college homework bodybuilder1958 0 4,837 02-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Oldest son, 7 weeks post-op, incision infection bodybuilder1958 9 7,344 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My oldest may have mild Cerebral palsy bodybuilder1958 4 4,509 03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  Dec. 15, requesting new judge bodybuilder1958 1 2,552 12-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Requesting Prayers for Brian Bummer Knees 13 4,835 02-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  requesting medical records Bummer Knees 22 9,942 07-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Lilly