Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting the Judge decide
Injury occured in Illinois. Had a multi cervical fusion back in 09. My attorney has requested settlement talks but the Ins co has not responded. So we are going in front of the Judge to decide the PPD percentage. How long does the Ins Co have before they have to pay if the Judge see's it my way? Thanks .

30 days to pay or appeal.

my guess is they finally contact you and then try to postpone/cancel/reschedule the hearing as "negotiations are underway."
avoid allowing the hearing date to change as it's the only leverage that you have to keep them dealing.
only let them out of the date after papers are submitted to court.
see if you can get a partial payment for signing it. (that also incentivizes them to follow thru!)
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What about mediation? Sure helped with mine
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  judge truckerbill 3 4,070 03-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Milo
  judge truckerbill 1 2,592 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: 1171
  How long does employer have to decide if they will honor my accommodations? cherokeegal 3 3,076 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cherokeegal
  is there a set time limit to decide a workers comp case after both sides have closed jd9109 1 9,532 08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Last Post: capricorn