Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illinois moves to scrap it's Comp system!
Today the Illinois house passed bill to do away with workers comp in the state.
The bill would require employees to sue for damages in civil court if they believe a workplace injury has caused pain and suffering or loss of income.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/05/27/1725872/ho...z1Nb3tAmzZ.

another effort by republicans to strike down worker rights.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Your final partisan comment makes no sense. Democrats control the Illinois legislature. A democrat is the primary supporter, and of the few representatives this article names, ALL republicans voted against it. The democrats are voting for it.

You could not have read to far into this article. It states that the legislature will need the republicans help to defeat it.

How metro-east representatives voted:

Rep. Dan Beiser, D-Alton: Yes

Rep. John Cavaletto, R-Salem: No

Rep. Tom Holbrook, D-Belleville: Yes

Rep. Eddie Lee Jackson, D-East St. Louis: Yes

Rep. Dwight Kay, R-Glen Carbon: No

Rep. Dan Reitz, D-Steeleville: Yes

Rep. Ron Stephens, R-Greenville: No

****Partisan warning******
As long as we are being purely partisan, I will say it is obvious who is running this state, as it is the most screwed up, disfunctional state in the midwest.

I believe my statement is more accurate than yours.
****End Partisan warning******

I don't think this will happen. Too many oppose this on all sides.

I sure hope it does not happen as other states might try to follow.

I few years ago in Kansas we were trying to get an increase in TTD for injured workers.

I made my phone calls to legislators, sent e-mails, & mailed letters. There was no support at the state capital when it came to increasing benifits for the injured workers of Kansas. Dosen't matter the injured workers of our state have not seen an increase in TTD in over 20 years.

They say they are doing this to scare folks because it could cost employers allot of money. Who knows.

My question is will this be only for new cases or will even the cases now switch over?
If this would be true in my case I got injured in a area that I had filed some safety concerns about. Now I have all the proof to show this was done weeks before my injury and that they talked about it but did nothing until after my injury. I can also prove that all they did was have me got to medical twice a day and put heat on my back, and I had asked to see the company doctor several time but it took a month to see him. Did the delay cause more damage to me? Who knows but my doctor does say it didn't help. Now I've done nothing with this other then to talk about it because WC is a no fault system right now. If I could go under this system where I could take them to civil court I think I would make out pretty good since I do have all the paper work to show this is what happened.

(05-27-2011, 08:44 PM)admin Wrote: Your final partisan comment makes no sense. Democrats control the Illinois legislature. A democrat is the primary supporter, and of the few representatives this article names, ALL republicans voted against it. The democrats are voting for it.

You could not have read to far into this article. It states that the legislature will need the republicans help to defeat it.

How metro-east representatives voted:

Rep. Dan Beiser, D-Alton: Yes

Rep. John Cavaletto, R-Salem: No

Rep. Tom Holbrook, D-Belleville: Yes

Rep. Eddie Lee Jackson, D-East St. Louis: Yes

Rep. Dwight Kay, R-Glen Carbon: No

Rep. Dan Reitz, D-Steeleville: Yes

Rep. Ron Stephens, R-Greenville: No

****Partisan warning******
As long as we are being purely partisan, I will say it is obvious who is running this state, as it is the most screwed up, disfunctional state in the midwest.

I believe my statement is more accurate than yours.
****End Partisan warning******

I don't think this will happen. Too many oppose this on all sides.

you are correct. I let the intricacies of Illinois politics confuse me.

I mistakenly confused HR 1698 by Sen Kwame Raoul with this bill.
Reform measures have been stalled for months in the illinois legislature with many believing that business interests and republicans in general would rather continue with the current system then accept the proposed reforms.
It is being speculated that senator bradley, the sponsor of this bill, is attempting to remove that notion from those opposing reform.

wheels within wheels.

i do think Bradley is totally off base with this tactic. throwing work comp into the civil court area would worsen injured worker benefits and relief.
the only support this Bradley bill has is from the Trial Lawyers.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

And on that we totally agree......

one million dollar law suit will change that......and it wont be a hurt worker that gets it...it will be a lawyers pocket that gets lined
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

That's part of the problem now in IL the lawyers get most of the money.

Not counting on it. It's hard to hear of a state that would throw away their workers compensation system, I can just imagine what may happen to all of those people that would be suing or companies that would get sued without the program. Total nightmare!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA WC system prisoner for over 10 years HELP needed vmc dak 6 2,638 03-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Some questions on the system Spuz 6 5,722 10-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Illinois Workers Comp questions dla123 3 7,606 04-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Sad Lost in the wc system Ginag 11 11,251 02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Woodlawn
  Lost in the WC system moonflowers 5 6,567 06-10-2011, 05:36 PM
  Illinois Workers comp act changes rtwngbro 0 8,377 12-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Last Post: rtwngbro
  How the system works Elvin Bates 7 7,752 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM