Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinal Fusion Need Help
I am new to the forum, I have a question. I hurt my back 11 months ago have had 3 back surgeries. The last one was a spinal fusion on 4/14/2011. My Dr. seen me at 4 week post op & going to see him again in 5 more weeks. At my 4 week visit he acted like I was not having any pain & my right leg/foot which I have had not much use of since I injured my back at work was all fixed. I told him I was still having the same problems in my leg/foot & the pain from surgery was not easing much. He did not even listen to me & said I am taking you off of pain meds and that is that and will see you in 5 weeks. I have called the office and they will not return my calls I am in so much pain trying to walk, sleep etc. Thru the whole process the Dr. has been into it with the adjustor. Please I need some help is the Dr. trying to get rid of me? Thank You!!

Hi,

I don't know what state you reside in but most states allow monies for an IME to be done. In my state (KS) it's up to $500. that they will pay, it's a one time deal. Something for you to consider.

You also haven't mentioned if you've gotten a lawyer. Someone on your side could also help you get the medical care you need.

Take care,
Bodybuilder1958

[quote='bodybuilder1958' pid='134972' dateline='1306464758']
Hi,

I don't know what state you reside in but most states allow monies for an IME to be done. In my state (KS) it's up to $500. that they will pay, it's a one time deal. Something for you to consider.

You also haven't mentioned if you've gotten a lawyer. Someone on your side could also help you get the medical care you need.

Take care,
Bodybuilder1958

Thank You, for the reply. I did get a lawyer but, they are not much help. The doctor, at my last visit was acting strange he was mad the whole office visit. I will check on the IME. Hoping to get some help so my recorvery will go well I do not want to have more surgery.
I am sorry I forgot to give my state which is AR. Back surgery 3 times first two were microdiscectomy had 2 large herniated disc L4/L5 which was pressing on nerves. The surgeries did not work so the last surgery was a spinal fusion with all the hardware, bone graft. My right leg/foot has been heavy, no feeling since injury none of the surgeries has help this. Have had problems with IC since the start. Never have I taken pain meds before my injury and have since injury try to take little as possible. The pain from the spinal fusion is almost unbearable at times I am suppose to be walking alot now but, I have had to limit that due to not being able to take the pain. I am sorry this is so long, being able to have a place to ask for advise is helpful.

three surgeries and still no better--sounds like your doc has run out of options--
hope you had second opinions before you ok'd the surgeries because getting them now is a little late.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Had 2nd & 3rd. All said same thing, right leg/foot will have lasting nerve damage surgery or not. Surgery was for the 2 large herniated disc L4/L5 which I stated in my posting. Doctor did not run out of options. I was asking for advise in my first posting the 2nd posting was a reply to a very nice person trying to help. Thank You

I'm a very nice person trying to help.
Big Grin

if you haven't already had a second medical opinion then you should get one or request a change of physicians. Arkansas requires that the carrier/employer has to approve either.
if the carrier refuses to approve a change of physicians you will have to go thru the work comp commission.
more information here:
http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/laqabrochure.pdf

my opinion is that your doctor is displaying behavior that suggests they are out of options.

I realize injuries and pain make people irritable. I have a reasonably thick skin after posting here for awhile.
Wink

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank You, for the reply this does help!! But, I am still worried why is my Dr. who has treated me for 9 months all of a sudden sending me out to dry would he not need to keep follow up for 3 or 6 months? I am only 6 weeks post op & still need meds for the surgery pain/leg pain after walks, etc. I have stop walking as often due to not looking forward to the after affect. I also have asked for a back brace from the doctor, no brace so far. Can I get a change of doctor to a GP? Sorry for the long reply.

how much of a choice if any you'll have is unknown.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Are you saying they did not send you home in a brace after the fussion.. ?

I have an upcomming fusion this fall, And am told I will be in a brace for 6 to 8 weeks.. If you can maybe a painclinic can help..

No brace. I am really having a hard time keeping my back straight as possible, besides other things going on I can't get the office to return my calls. The doctor said in last visit he would never work for that company again. I ask the doctor about it and I got no reply. My last visit at 4 weeks post op was a strange one, like he was ready for me to be gone. I have been a model patient but now I am really at the end of my rope with him. Thank You for the reply I have no one to really talk to about my concerns and this site is really helping me on what to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research your spinal implants before agreeing to a fusion California_Help 1 397 08-29-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Flipping fran
  study on spinal fusion surgeries California_Help 6 610 06-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Spinal fusion cas Anna3217 2 1,471 04-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Spinal Fusion/Mandatory Settlement? Jherek 3 32,424 05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Last Post: (EX)surveillanceInvestigator
  Failed Spinal Fusion at S1-Pelvis area brentaw 6 11,745 03-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Doctors get KICKBACKS for spinal fusion Implants... 1171 18 24,630 12-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cost of 2 level spinal fusion in Illinois chicagoHdiscs 2 10,369 11-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  At MMI-Illinois Claim-3 Level Spinal Fusion clipped wings 6 13,847 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Last Post: jayne
  set % of disabilty for spinal fusion?? inpainokla 4 5,792 11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Spinal Fusion Agent Raises Costs, Complication Rates oblivyous 6 8,313 07-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo