Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you...
I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's help.. I haven't posted much but when I have posted questions i have always gotten a helpful response..

The IC finally settled the claim with my husband almost 3 yrs later and he had his C&R hearing last wednesday and by Monday we had the check in our hands. We are both so glad to be out of the workers comp system and now we are able to move on with settling our 3rd party personal injury case.

Thanks again for all of your advice and answers!

(05-26-2011, 01:15 PM)mom2twokids Wrote: I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's help.. I haven't posted much but when I have posted questions i have always gotten a helpful response..

The IC finally settled the claim with my husband almost 3 yrs later and he had his C&R hearing last wednesday and by Monday we had the check in our hands. We are both so glad to be out of the workers comp system and now we are able to move on with settling our 3rd party personal injury case.

Thanks again for all of your advice and answers!

thankx for returning and giving us the good news.
makes it all worth it....
be well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Glad to hear somebody made it out. Sorry I don't know the whole story but if you have a 3rd party case on this will WC want their money back?

Manley2 - Yes workers comp will have to be repaid, but they have a formula so that it is only a percentage that they can recoup. Workers comp sent us a letter saying they would put a lien on any lawsuit before we had even filed.

Long story short my husband was working at a job, a delivery truck backed up next to where my husband was working, caught my husbands hose and yanked him off a 3-4 foot wall and drug him for about 10-12 feet. Driver never knew he had him even though my husband screamed bloody murder.. The only reason my husband wasn't killed is b/c there was a broken down car in the parking lot and the hose finally snapped on the rear tires after going right under the front tires. He has a brain injury, closed head trauma and now sufferes from post concussion syndrome...