Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Concussion Syndrome in California
1171 Wrote:Smile
If the neurologist agrees that the problems are from the injury then you'd have their written opinion filed with the court with a request that the injury be amended to include all the conditions and symtoms described by the neurologist.
Rolleyes
an atty familiar with your board's day-to-day litigation procedures would be able to give you more exact details.
Smile
Grateful for your advice 1171. I will make sure that the other conditions/symptoms are included as part of the injury. I have 2 questions for you that I think you might have an answer to. One-How do I find a Board Certified WC attorney and at what point should I think about hiring one? Two-Do you how "they" rate a new disability if you have previous? Thank you for your help.

Smile
P.S. my response was for the queen who is under Maryland jurisdiction. I should have made that more clear.
Big Grin
best place to start atty seach is on the applicant attys website- they have a search function
http://www.caaa.org/
the when is difficult to answer; it depends on what you want an atty for.
Wink
attys are most effective at getting a buyout and the least effective at giving help and advice.
So I would say that when you absolutely are desparate to get out of the system think about getting an atty. the legal system is slow but you'll be less likely to second guess your settlement amount if you felt you had professional representation.

accounting for previous disability in california is done by asking the doctor for their opinion as to how the disability should be apportioned. new laws now allow the doctor to apportion permanent impairment to other conditions or problems even when there has not been a prior injury. apportionment is complicated.
Smile
If you want more detailed information on it
here's a study paper that the state did
http://www.dir.ca.gov/chswc/finalapportionmentpaper.pdf
Rolleyes
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hi,
My ENT is the one that told me it (dizziness) could easily return, that once you dislodge those crystals, it is possible that some of them never find their way home again. Just last night when I rolled over in bed.....the positional changes gave me a BIG wave of dizziness (room was spinning uncontrollably) until the fluid settled into it's new spot. If I were to roll back over to the opposite side...it would have happened again. I'll see if I can find a site for you that discusses reoccouring otoconia problems and post it for you.
As far as "being a walking time bomb" I meant that you could have a brain injury...IMO, "severe sudden headaches" are a warning sign to get checked out thoroughly by a neuro.
Take care & good luck. LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Hi wow,
ck out this info about PCS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Lilly Smile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concussion - PA KMulbs 2 1,199 10-22-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: West
Smile Post WC Concussion socalnerd 5 4,249 02-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: socalnerd
  California voucher post SB863 California_Help 0 2,447 07-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Fall and Concussion at work...settlement??? metalpyro 1 11,174 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Last Post: 1171
  California Injured Workers -- **1171 see post #4 question chrischris 9 17,195 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Last Post: murphsmom
  Work Associated Irritable Larynx Syndrome JnetM 4 8,842 02-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Last Post: JnetM
Sad California: 1st post: Visited doc today. Need advice akwan 8 8,293 12-11-2010, 09:00 PM
  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome now linked to unusual virus Cycler 0 5,893 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  TX-Carpal Tunnel Syndrome shaunti 1 9,957 06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Question Carpal Tunnel/Repetitive Stress Syndrome in TN-Workers Comp Issue Tizz 122 204,300 05-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Last Post: sparkey