Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would happen If I fired my attorney after 3.5 yrs?
Hi, I live in Mn I hurt my back on the job dec16 2006. I have had 3 surgerys and i am Collecting ssd. I will probably never work again I have been uneasy about my attorney for a while now and today May have been the last straw, He seems like he'ss working for them. My question is How would this effect my case both about getting a new attorney this late in the game and What are my financial obligations to him and the attorney I fired? Thanks for your time

I don't know the present legal status of your claim.
unless the benefits have been finalized it's not too late.
I believe Minnesota is like most states and there is a single fee that is shared among all attys.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

we are doing a mediation to try and settle with out going to trail.

Dirty - you're ahead of me! My employer won't settle - they are a small self insured hospital and state that they do not have any money settle ( but apparently they have they money to pay for the next 10 years.

My employer is one of those in the news making record profits and they are still fighting. And it's been 6 years. I just think they like paying more to fight then to settle and the lawyer are the ones making the big bucks

I think we should just be able to sue the employer and get rid of the workers comp its all corrupted and we have to fight for everything ,its all a lie and for them to put up posters at our jobs stating workers comp fraud is illegal and may recieve jail time is a scare tactic for people who are really injured and wont file a comp claim ,who the hell would want to pretend thier injured ,for what you cant even get treatment for a valid injury .I hate workers comp its a Business run by the devil.

I think we should just be able to sue the employer and get rid of the workers comp its all corrupted and we have to fight for everything ,its all a lie and for them to put up posters at our jobs stating workers comp fraud is illegal and may recieve jail time is a scare tactic for people who are really injured and wont file a comp claim ,who the hell would want to pretend thier injured ,for what you cant even get treatment for a valid injury .I hate workers comp its a Business run by the devil.

liz-
with hundreds of thousand of work injuries each year the courts in your state would be overwhelmed.
most workers would be without treatment or earnings for years waiting for a court date.
the country tried using civil courts a hundred years ago and it became a mess. eventually every state switched when they saw the improvements.
your troubles with comp shouldn't taken as common to all claims. most get paid and back to work with little problem.

much of the problems comes from our high cost medical system that has made comp a very expensive benefit. with our business dominated political process and weakened unions those costs are being shoved back on the worker

it won't get better until workers and their jobs are seen as least as important as banksters and big business. hopefully our health care reform will bring about needed changes in treatment coverage and will allow comp to once again function as a safety net for workers.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What can happen at hearing.... 1171 0 648 08-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Last Post: 1171
  crps/ wc whats gonna happen midget 6 8,316 01-27-2014, 01:36 PM
  how long after mmi will impairment rating usually happen? cara1228 4 19,842 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM
  can this really happen? nov.wright 6 5,716 10-24-2009, 10:26 AM
  Whats gonna happen? dreib 5 6,356 10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Last Post: dreib
  A crazy morning, the Dr. appointment that didn't happen! Bummer Knees 33 19,805 02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Last Post: oblivyous
  miraciles do happen scruffy 6 6,299 10-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  possible comp case waiting to happen 1211King 14 11,242 10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Last Post: 1211King
  What could happen???? risingeagle222 7 4,353 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 17,371 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo