Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
room and board=TTD
florida===been with current employer for 2 years,when first interviewed for job gave option of 12 hr or 9hr plus housing,had just moved to fla and we were staying with daughter so the 9 plus housing was a good choice at the time[not unusual for wife and i,for past 20 yrs have had housing as part of our employment-property mgrs/maint.]
30 days prior to my accident i was informed that housing would no longer be provided..i mentioned that i should be due an increase in wage, mrg said she would discuss with owner.
I was injured 1 week prior to my move out date,i did move out as told to do,discussion about wage increase put on hold since i was injured and on restrictions,so NO light duty work avail. when i had my first phone interview with ic she asked about wages so i explained situation and told her i should be placed at least at the 12hr wage first discussed at job interview,since housing no longer provided.
my weekly ttd benefit was based on current wage of 9.50 hr with no value given to housing....after some w/c forum reading i was directen to fla w/c rules and rule 440.14 DETERMANATION OF PAY secution 2 reads.....if during period of disability,employer continues to provide consideration,including board,rent,housing,the value of such consideration shall be DEDUCTED when calculating the average weekly wage so long as benifits are provided........so if i read this right a value IS given to housing, so why the value would not increase my average weekly wage,which increases my weekly ttd amount, when i/c first figured my aww...anyone else been in this position....thanks

since it appears that the deal to offer 12 hr wage in lieu of housing has not been offered or agreed to the amount of wages lost are in doubt.
you can appeal the TTD rate issue to the comp court.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

??? if i was currently living there now, an amount or value would be deducted from my aww..according to fla rule..which would lower my ttd..so why isnt the value added to my aww when employer no longer provides housing .which was original hiring agreement?????
dont see how you could have it both ways
1. value if currently living there
2. no value if forced to move out
job was a maintenance man at a hotel after normal 8 hr day i was on-call for the off work hours---5 days a week, so i was on the property for any issues that came up...this co has a history of paying maint people up to 13 hr depending on exp but none of them lived on site,,i was the first

do you have a contract? any thing to look back on and prove to WC your point
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

They don't actually "deduct" the housing from your TTD. It just isn't added in to the calculation. If housing was provided as part of your "pay" and they are no longer providing it, it should be added to your AWW. Your case is a little different as they were stopping the housing before you were injured.

You may want to contact the "Employee Assistance Office" and discuss with them. They will contact the adjuster to try to resolve the issue or will assist you in filing a Petition for Benefits. You can get the number for the closest office here: http://www.workerscompensation.com/state...p?state=FL

Or contact an attorney. The initial consultation is free and they work on contingency so they don't get anything unless they "win" you benefits.

thanks all...have appt with w/c lawyer mon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RE- chat room mom2emy 13 13,897 06-22-2019, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Bets
  NY WORK COMP BOARD EXPANDING DRUG FORMULARY.... 1171 0 649 10-24-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Board's Technical Problems being worked On 1171 5 1,551 03-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  CA state WC board for neck fusion PridedImp 10 6,044 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  wclj denied inital claim reversed by board jerseylock 14 10,635 02-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  conference at industrial board of accidents jeepstang 7 8,909 04-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has signed an investigator in complaint Bummer Knees 0 4,437 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Sad relatively simple question... first posting on board... painintheneck2 3 4,095 09-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
Sad Went To Emergency Room Sunday! Sunshine7 8 5,964 12-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  appeals board time? blake 0 2,544 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Last Post: blake