Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drop lawyer
contacted a wc lawyer, he was at my house within 2 days,gave me a good speel and i signed papers....three weeks later i get a letter from them that my first meeting with my assigned lawyer will be in august.i cant believe it.. a few days after i signed the contract i had a few questions and called left message twice, no return call,also sent two e-mails, no response.......i need to dump this lawyer,will i have any fees he can charge me for,i dont believe he did any work...contract was for a % of settlement.
do i find another lawyer and have that lawyer deal with the first one or do i fire him myself prior to getting another lawyer and let that one know whats up....thanks

probably but that'll be for the court and the new lawyer to deal with.
there is a single fee for you that will be shared among attorneys.
the new atty will file the change of representation paperwork.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I drop my attorney? Samsmom 2 4,146 07-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Samsmom
Sad Who Drop The Ball The Doctors Or W/C? WARNING IT'S A LITTLE LONG lefty 6 8,869 04-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Last Post: lefty
  If I drop my claim..... alagada1 2 9,177 11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Last Post: shelkai246
  If I drop my atty do I continue to see the doctors that he set me up with? alagada1 3 4,939 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  How can I do this with permanent Nerve damage and Drop Foot nutpn 6 13,369 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Babebahn