Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doc refused to comply with DIME order.
Hi it's Lefty from CO.

I was just wondering if anyone has had to have a pre-trail hearing because a doctor would not comply with the DIME request?

Okay, here is what's going on. The pain doctor did his part as to just one of the many things the DIME requested. That was for me to have additional blocks done. After which the pain doc turn me over to another doctor for maintance.

But Dr. B., states that she dosen't know why I was sent to her because I was seen by her almost two years ago and there wasn't anything she could further do at that time two years ago. Also that we didn't hit it off back then. She told me that she would call the insurance company and tell them that I needed to go back to the DIME, or who ever has been treating me with meds. Well less than two months ago the IC had me to see this same doctor, who did prescribed meds, and requested other docs (Psych., Biofeed Back) and gave me trigger point injections...now this was before having the blocks done...which after see read the DIME report stated, "I don't know what this block thing is all about." Good thing I was already seeing a pain doc who knew what to do.

She also states that for my ratings and to be examine for MMI then I should see someone else or go back to the DIME.

I have no idea who the Psyc., Biofeed Back, Physchologist, PT are suppose to send their records to now that I don't have a primary doctor following me.

So now my attorney has set up a pre-trail hearing about this and the lack of the insurance company not providing her office with my medical records since the beginning of this year.

Has anyone had a doctor to refuse to treat? Or have an over the phone pre-trail hearing for this reason same? This will be my second pre-trail hearing...but not for this but for transportation.

I have another question if I might. My surgeon has written in his report that I am not to use my left arm. Now that was in Feb of this year. Since then no one...meaning pain doctor has stated anything different since then. Silly question but does this mean that I am still unable to use my left arm if asked what my restrictions are?
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

I actually have my Ortho who is now refusing to treat, because he is the treating physician and does not want to get invovled with the sad medical treatment by Neuro. I ended up in the emergency from the meds that the Neuro gave me, high blood pressure that led to heart attack. The ER Doctor told me to get off the seizure meds, because they were killing me quickly and get another Neuro. So Ortho is refusing based on the legal liability as treating physician. We have filed for another hearing based on the negligent medical care. I would say that if no one has mentioned your arm and your not supposed to use it. Then that is definitly a restriction.

(05-06-2011, 03:20 PM)Neverthesame Wrote: I actually have my Ortho who is now refusing to treat, because he is the treating physician and does not want to get invovled with the sad medical treatment by Neuro. I ended up in the emergency from the meds that the Neuro gave me, high blood pressure that led to heart attack. The ER Doctor told me to get off the seizure meds, because they were killing me quickly and get another Neuro. So Ortho is refusing based on the legal liability as treating physician. We have filed for another hearing based on the negligent medical care. I would say that if no one has mentioned your arm and your not supposed to use it. Then that is definitly a restriction.

Neverthesame...OMG! Am I reading this right...did you have a heart attack? Negligent is right! I hope you are doing much better now. I was also hospitalized because my BP was so chronically high from seizure medications and they were causing me chest pains as well. I had become a regular at the ER. (I was so embarrass because I'd worked at that hospital for 7 years). I had a pharmacial tread mill test done. Thank God it came out okay and my Trapomins (test for heart attack) came back fine. This had my private doctor's blood boiling. I was placed on four different BP meds because it was out of control from pain and medications. My private doctor said that if things didn't turn around that I would have to consider that I might have Renal Stenosis. But thank God they finally did turn around after I stop taking those meds. BP is still high but not like before! I hope only the best for you.
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

When I had that happened I just went to my own Dr, and used them as primary. Lawyer pushed it through with Pinnacle as they had not assigned a primary again after Pain guy said MMI. Hope this helps
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

(05-15-2011, 12:43 AM)Sithie Wrote: When I had that happened I just went to my own Dr, and used them as primary. Lawyer pushed it through with Pinnacle as they had not assigned a primary again after Pain guy said MMI. Hope this helps

Thanks Sithie, I'll talk to my doctor and attorney.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr refused to fill out work restriction form Andy1689 8 1,112 08-26-2019, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Andy1689
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 4 4,921 07-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 0 1,631 07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: dav87
  Employer refused to file my claim, then fired me Brooklyn1976 1 4,387 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  scheduling order? hogg76 7 5,174 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
  DIME States I Can't Work lefty 1 2,218 12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
  Read Dime Report...wow! WC wants another opinion lefty 0 2,280 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Update on DIME visit. lefty 0 2,601 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Seeing DIME today lefty 1 2,811 12-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
Sad Just received name of DIME and...OMG!!! lefty 3 5,580 09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Manley2