Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hubby injured his back on a job, boss says he will not file a WC claim..
Hi I need help. My husband injured his back at the job. He was rushed on a construction job and coming down a small ladder fell hard on his back on concrete. He was sent to a doctor from the job and the doctor gave him a form saying he can only do sitting jobs( his job requires bending , heavy lifting and more). His boss was really pissy Monday morning saying that he is not injured and saying he won't file Workers Compensation benefits instead he will pay him for coming in sitting down until he is recovered. The doctor he is seeing( General MD) has sent him for Physical Therapy and such, but I think he needs to see a Chiropractor because the Xrays show an abnormality. The boss is saying that if he files for compensation he will loose jobs and such. My spouse has been paying disability also. I am really lost, because my spouse has worked for over 30 years and never injured himself. Any help would be really great. My spouse does have insurance and I am thinking of taking him to a Chiropractor that way. Thanks H. BTW this was in the state of NC.
your husband needs to file a form 18 here

refusing to file a claim and threatening retaliation can be a sign of employer fraud.
report the employers actions to the fraud unit

seeking treatment outside of workers comp may not be covered.
your husband should contact the carrier directly or get permission from the industrial commission.
there are special rules limiting access to chiropractors.

you husband should contact the Industrial commission for more specific information on whether the employer has coverage
the main phone number for the NC Industrial Commission is 919-807-2501,
or Toll-Free at 800-688-8349.

more information here

who is your husband paying disability to?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
never never never lie about a WC accident......to a employer,Dr or insurance company.....if your husband isnt getting better change Drs per your states rules....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Tell them Jayne said to cover your arse, as she will bring that red head attitude out on them LOL
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 970 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  AZ, boss doesn't want to go through WC for my injury, what should I do? TruckerLynn 4 2,960 08-24-2017, 11:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Is it too late to file a WC claim? HeyJill 10 4,276 03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Last Post: HeyJill
  Low back pain, numbness in leg... WC claim? AMSchmitt79 3 4,171 03-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: AMSchmitt79
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 27,760 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Should I file A Stress Claim? workmanscompquestions 9 11,471 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  back injured and lawyers are not helping 2tired2care 3 4,091 10-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Employer refused to file my claim, then fired me Brooklyn1976 1 4,838 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  to file (a claim) or not to file BigFish_LittleFish 1 3,053 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  What state to file my claim? ellroy2 6 10,357 09-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)