Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to tell my story
priss, any news ?

kudos to you for deciding to call the insurers on their inhumane treatment so often dealt out by them. i, too, have gone from three weeks in the hospital, several home and away weeks of pt, drs visits,missed benefit payments, home mobility issues ignored until threatened with legal action, finding out they shop for drs who will give them predetermined diagnosis, finding out our legislators( florida ) consider punishment for bad insurer players to be attys fees awarded against them, and a whole system that is bought and paid for by BIG MONEY. lie to them, or commit some sort of fraud, and see how quick you'll find yourself arrested and facing felony charges. but i can find no statutes that spell out punishment for these bad apples. atty fees? give me a break. there is no compensation for pain and suffering as the laws are written , yet i've had nothing but pain and suffering since the accident.

Bad behavior can occur anywhere by anyone; no human enterprise is free from it.
Some people find it out sooner then others.
You are still responsible for how well you react to adversity. Hopefully you are a positive example to those around you of how to deal with the obstacles in your life.
be well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Im not sure of how to use this forum but I am beside myself and afraid I need some good advice I live in California and on Friday I received a letter stating my workmans comp (temporary benefits are terminated) im still disabled waiting for a complete knee replacement unable to work Where do I go from here im the only provider my husband is disabled with cancer where can I apply for help Thank You Sandra Frisbee

start your own thread with your own topic.
the new thread button is on the forum home page in the bottom right
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?fid=4

the carrier is required to give a reason. some reasons are worth appealing in court others not so much.
sometimes SDI can help. more information here
http://www.edd.ca.gov/disability/

if you need additional information come back and start a new thread. put your location/state in your profile as every state has different rules.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-19-2016, 04:20 PM)sefrisb Wrote: Im not sure of how to use this forum but I am beside myself and afraid I need some good advice I live in California and on Friday I received a letter stating my workmans comp (temporary benefits are terminated) im still disabled waiting for a complete knee replacement unable to work Where do I go from here im the only provider  my husband is disabled with cancer where can I apply for help Thank You

You can also go back to your post above and delete your name. If you need help with this let me know. It is not good to put anything personal such as your name, insurance company etc as anyone can read these sites.

I am so sorry about your situation. As 1171 wrote it should state the reason they stopped your TTD. In California injured workers can only receive 104 weeks (2 years) maximum of TTD. They can also stop your TTD if your doctor or a QME or AME doctor wrote in a report your condition is permanent and stationary or maximum medical improvement. They can also stop your TTD if they deny your claim. Without knowing why it would be difficult to answer.

Since you are waiting for surgery you can now file for California State Disability through EDD. You may be past the deadline to apply, however state disability usually does their best to help out California injured workers. You can get the form and print it out from this site or go down to the office. You will need to have your doctor full out the form. Since you are sole breadwinner I recommend calling and ask his office if you can bring in the form ASAP and tell them your situation.
http://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/

You and your husband may also be eligible for Cal Fresh credit card (formerly food stamps)
http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/foodstamps/

After applying for state disability through EED I recommend applying for SSI (supplemental security income) and SSDI social security disability if your doctor believes your disability will last at least 12 months or more). You apply for these online through SSDI website or go down to your local social security office.

If your TTD was cut off because a doctor wrote you are permanent and stationary or if your claim is denied I recommend meeting with several work comp attorney's.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEVER ENDING STORY HAVANSWER4U 3 6,223 05-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Last Post: jayne
  My Story HurtnSC 14 6,179 06-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Last Post: HurtnSC
  My story is more than my injury! aceelectric 6 4,400 02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Last Post: jayne