Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non payment of TTD
I live in Oklahoma

My employer has fought me from the beginning on my injury, we have been in and out of court, I have won each time. I was injured over 2 years ago, and was paid my TTD for 3 weeks. Then my checks stopped. No notice, no nothing. I finally had surgery last year and my case went to the supreme court because my employer was fighting the compensability of my injury. Again they lost. So they owe me 2 years worth of TTD checks. I have had the ruling since last november, but still no money. I have an attorney who tells me we just have to wait, can't he file for a hearing to make them pay at least my TTD, as I also know they are fighting my PPD rating. But my past due TTD is black and white even their doc said yes she was injured on this date and released on this date, so what is the hold up, why don't they have to pay?

if you don't trust your atty you need to switch.
do you know why your atty won't give you an explanation?
without knowing both sides of the issue no one can guess the legal points that are being disputed the TTD payment.
there is no one answer that fits every situation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-01-2011, 01:07 AM)1171 Wrote: if you don't trust your atty you need to switch.
do you know why your atty won't give you an explanation?
without knowing both sides of the issue no one can guess the legal points that are being disputed the TTD payment.
there is no one answer that fits every situation.

1171, I understand there are no "blanket" answers, but this is not an issue that has not been ruled on, and they can not appeal it anymore, a decision has been made, there is nothing else to argue on this subject. I could understand the non payment if they still had opitons on fighting it of if I were still waiting on my appeal, but thats not the case. I don't expect an "answer" I was just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how it was resolved. So I'm looking for someone with some personal insight, but thank you anyway.

(05-01-2011, 12:18 AM)priss13 Wrote: I live in Oklahoma

My employer has fought me from the beginning on my injury, we have been in and out of court, I have won each time. I was injured over 2 years ago, and was paid my TTD for 3 weeks. Then my checks stopped. No notice, no nothing. I finally had surgery last year and my case went to the supreme court because my employer was fighting the compensability of my injury. Again they lost. So they owe me 2 years worth of TTD checks. I have had the ruling since last november, but still no money. I have an attorney who tells me we just have to wait, can't he file for a hearing to make them pay at least my TTD, as I also know they are fighting my PPD rating. But my past due TTD is black and white even their doc said yes she was injured on this date and released on this date, so what is the hold up, why don't they have to pay?

First let me say, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I had a similar problem. But my attorney stayed on the IC and sent letters to demand payment and then requested a hearing to demand that payments start. Left with no recourse (because correspondence did not help) he demanded a hearing date to discuss my case. Before the hearing there was a deposition. After the deposition they agreed that payment should be made. The Hearing was canceled and the check was supposed to be in the mail. (Still no check). My lawyer went through the legal process again and told them that they were in violation of the agreement that was approved by commissioner of the case and all parties involved. More details were hammered out a formal agreement was signed, more waiting and finally a check that was less than the agreed upon amount that was owed. This process took months. But without my attorney I don't know what I would have done.

Hopefully you lawyer will become more assertive and get the ball rolling ASAP. My prayers are with you.

something is going on because not only are you owed money now but most likely fine money now.....sounds like you need to call your congressman also and ask for help.....he/she will need copies of all your paperwork make sure he knows copies are going to the big media also I dont know which big city you live near but its time to get a TV station in the mix give them copies of everything.again making sure the congressman and TV stations all know you are going to all of them for help.....it makes a great "human interest" story.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

In my case after they had lost every appeal it still took them almost 6 months to start paying my TTD. And that took my lawyer to get it done. There just doesn't seem like there is any way to make them pay when it is due which is so sad they can treat us this way.

(05-01-2011, 01:38 AM)priss13 Wrote: 1171, I understand there are no "blanket" answers, but this is not an issue that has not been ruled on, and they can not appeal it anymore, a decision has been made, there is nothing else to argue on this subject. I could understand the non payment if they still had opitons on fighting it of if I were still waiting on my appeal, but thats not the case. I don't expect an "answer" I was just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how it was resolved. So I'm looking for someone with some personal insight, but thank you anyway.

enforcement of a carrier's right to do business in your state rests with the department of insurance. you might try filing a complaint with them.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-01-2011, 11:52 AM)1171 Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 01:38 AM)priss13 Wrote: 1171, I understand there are no "blanket" answers, but this is not an issue that has not been ruled on, and they can not appeal it anymore, a decision has been made, there is nothing else to argue on this subject. I could understand the non payment if they still had opitons on fighting it of if I were still waiting on my appeal, but thats not the case. I don't expect an "answer" I was just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how it was resolved. So I'm looking for someone with some personal insight, but thank you anyway.

enforcement of a carrier's right to do business in your state rests with the department of insurance. you might try filing a complaint with them.

This is exactly what I did, I filed a formal complaint with the Insurance comission, so we shall see, I know I'm tired of complaining and I am ready to go to who ever I have to in order to get something done. Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California 3% payment increase 1171 0 669 06-27-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  OH Claim Payment W/CPTclaim 1 1,415 07-25-2016, 11:35 AM
  shall not redeem liability for the payment QUESTION??? BADHABIT12 1 2,666 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM
  Payment of PD?? Help! Treeburn 2 3,792 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  over payment of benefits thesloans 1 2,691 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM
  sdi stopped payment pending qme results kylecalifornia 5 14,231 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  Wait time for Payment of %PPD DogLuvr 1 7,402 11-07-2011, 02:27 PM
  Lump sum payment and SSDI dknxvll 26 32,783 07-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Delayed WC payment UserWalter 1 3,479 06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
  payment help phil w 1 3,533 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM