Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of Spinal surgery?
Hi! Please let me know the cost of spinal surgery approximately?
I derserve to get future medical care but, I'm thinking to settle with C & R. So I'd like to ask insurance company to settle with future medical cost. Please help me!!!

What kind of spinal surgery??????

Micro lamenectomy/disectomy?
Lamenectomy/disectomy?
1 level fusion?
multilevel fusion?
anterior or posterior?
ect?
ect?
ect?
ect?

Further more, what happens if there is complications with the surgery and you need another. Then what happens ten to twenty years down the road. If you need another.

Without knowing more about your claim. I can not realy give any advice other than to say, be very careful with
the move you are contimplating.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

costs vary by state.
not all states allow future medical.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you for replying!
Actually, I'm not familiar with medical term. The only thing I can say is that I felt pain because 2 disks were posterior bulged and ruptured. My doctor said if my back hurts again, I need surgery. So, I think my surgery might be disectomy??? I'm not sure......
Can you guess the cost of surgery, AQA? I live in CA.

Getting an idea of the cost of one surgery and settling with that in mind would be okay if thats all you need. But as they said what if there is a problem with that surgery? What if that leaves you in more pain then you had to start and need other treatments and pain meds for life? Right now my monthly pain meds run around $700-$800 a month and are only going to cost more as time goes on. The idea of getting a big check now sounds good but you are taking a big gamble with your health and your future. We all want to settle and be done with them but sometimes that just doesn't work, good luck

I'm guessing between $35K and $100K depending on how many different procedures, how many levels, and hospital.
this doesn't include any subsequent procedures or unexpected consequences.
there are many different surgeries some involve rods and much implanted hardware others just a single level of tissue removal.
that makes for a very large ballpark.....
the carrier has a fee schedule that can keep their costs down that a private pay doesn't have.

P.S. carriers generally use a settlement calculator that gives the present value of future benefits paid in a lump sum. since medical awards are lifetime it also has optional life expectancy.
it can be a bit complicated but it is a good way to find a settlement range----calculate both the best and worst case scenarios.
there's one on-line here
http://www.settlementevaluator.com/

come back if you need help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hard to judge spinal surgery cost. There are way too many factors. I was scheduled for a 360 fusion - two levels and I ended up in neuro ICU for 9 days in a big Philly Hospital, then needed 4 weeks of home health care I believe my surgery and immediate after care cost well over 150,000. Then I take pain. Meds each month that cost about 1500/ month. Not to mention acupuncture, physical therapy and pain mgmt visits.

Thank you for replying.
I think evaluator website is something wrong.
Anyhow, I understand your good advices regarding future medical care and settlement.
Yesterday, I met an attorney. He said that my doctor's rating looks low and DR. didn't include depression and sexual difficulties. So, I need the reevaluation by QME to get higher ratings by including depression and sexula difficulties. Is it reasonable to reevaluate my body? I think I get better and better as time passes. If QME check my body in reevaluation after 3 months, I worry the ratings wil be lower than current rating even though depression and sexual difficulty score is included. What do you think? Is it better idea to hire attorney to reevaluate?

you should not be rated until you are at maximum medical improvement.
sometimes you can be MMI and have both good and bad days.

if you are not at MMI then you're eligible for additional TTD until you are.

if you want a lumpsum buyout of benefits (C&R)check out more attys here
caaa.org
most attys are not interested in just getting you a higher rating if you are not going to C&R.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks,

Does MMI mean my best body condition or worst body condition?
My doctor said my condition is permanent and sationary. So, PD benefit stars 2 weeks ago.
And, is it better to hire an attorney to settle with C&R if I don't need reevaluation?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cost to workers of 2012 Reforms 1171 5 964 10-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Before considering spinal surgery California_Help 3 850 07-31-2019, 12:20 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Cost of total knee replacement Treeburn 10 26,446 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Future medical cost injured man 2 3,285 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Last Post: injured man
  Trial Cost Shadow 4 2,891 11-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Shadow
Sad Company negligence cost my index finger bigtruckhank 1 4,676 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  BEWARE spinal laser surgery and Outpatient Surgery Centers 1171 3 12,082 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jayne
  the cost of being on w/c curley2 2 3,898 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Last Post: curley2
  Cost of 2 level spinal fusion in Illinois chicagoHdiscs 2 10,640 11-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  Cost of Medical Bills vs. Settlement chicagoHdiscs 1 5,731 09-25-2010, 07:38 PM