Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Drop The Ball The Doctors Or W/C? WARNING IT'S A LITTLE LONG
Sad 
Hello from CO,

Let me first start by saying that my injury was in Nove. 2008.
I was placed at MMI in March of 2010. I had a DIME done Dec., 2010
where it was found that I wasn't at MMI. Suggestion for further treatment was made by the DIME.

Now this is where things get strange.

1.W/C contacted my attorney stating that they wanted me to see an IME.

{That's not the strange part thats normal for them to do.}

2.The IME was a pain doctor that treated in the past for this injury. And this doctor I had dismissed from service in the past. But apon my vist with this doctor. Yet as far as I was concerned we got along just fine that day. But the doc didn't know what I was talking about when it came to them seeing me seeing her that day as an IME. But the doctor read the report from the DIME and proceeded to give me trigger point injections, wrote a script for massage theropy and requested the other things that the DIME had suggested. All except for the blocks because she didn't know what the DIME was talking about. This doc went on to agree with the DIME that I didn't have RSD.

3. Now before that visit I had already had an appointment scheduled to see the pain doctor that had been treating me for the past 8 months or so (after I had dismissed the pain doctor, I had mention above). Now this is the same doc whom did write in the report that I did have RSD. When I went to that appointment I took along the report from the DIME. I also told him that I had just seen the old pain doctor and that she didn't schedule me for the blocks. He said, "because they are leaving that up to me." So he scheduled me for two Brachial Plexus Blocks, which was one of the suggestions by the DIME doctor. {I must add that he wasn't happy that I had seen a DIME doctor}. This doctor was the one to have placed me at MMI just before his findings of my RSD.

4. NOW...he has release me back to the first pain doctor saying that he did what the DIME wanted him to do which was the blocks. Also that the first pain doc was his partner and that I didn't need to see two pain doctors. (Yet I was only doing what I was told to do!!)

5. TODAY when I went back to his partner, MAN was she a very differnt person!!!!!!!!! She said to me.

"I don't know why they scheduled you to see me because YOU ARE NOT treating with me. I have nothing to offer you." (Yet she had me sign a form when I saw her last as an IME... that I was treating with her. )

She went on to say, "We didn't seem to hit it off in the beginning (last year) so I didn't understand why you are back!" (I was surprise that she said that because as I mention above, after that long time of not seeing her, that visit as an IME went fine).

She asked, "who has been giving you your meds?"
I said, "the surgeon."
She said, "Will go back to the surgeon."
I said, "Those pain pills for after the surgery of removal of my hardware".
She said, "Oh."
I told her that the psychartist that she recommended also gave me meds for depression.
She said, "Will go back to that person. But I am not treating you. There has been some major confusion here with W/C."
I told her that when I came to her as requested by W/C as their IME
she is when she started treating me then. I even signed a paper stating that I was treating with her.
She said, "You didn't see me as an IME because I don't do that. You need to go back to the DIME for further examination. I will contact divison and let them no that I am not treating you."

BOY...I left there more confused than ever! I left a message with my attorney about today. If anyone can makes sense of any of this ...PLEASE reply back...PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!

No one has said that I am at MMI since the DIME. The doc's just let me go!!!
But I am still seeing a pain psychologist, PT, pyschartist, and having biofeed back. Who in God's name do these people seen their reports to?
Is it too late to request another doctor. I know of a great one that sits on the broad of W/C.

PLEASE HELP ME!
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

I can see why your confused, sounds like a big mix up......lol.

Lefty,

I am sorry to hear you are having to endure this. You mentioned that you know a great doctor on the panel. Your attorney most likely will have to get the insurance company to agree with it. I understand about who is seeing these reports. I have an ortho, neurologist, and physical therapist. None of them seem to know what the other is doing. The only one that cares, listens, and trying to help me is the physical therapist. She has been documenting a steady decline in overall health since neuro started the cocktail that does not work(Lamictal,Vicodin,Clonazepam). In addition, I have been having trouble completing physical therapy and cervical traction only helps during the traction, but the pain and other symptoms come right back after it is done. The physical therapsit stated that I have problems with co-ordination, balance, holding on to things, and gripping things. So the company sends a job description over and he signs off on it and the neuro agrees so not to anger the the ortho or insurance company. How can I lift a max of 20 lbs when I can barely stand up or hold onto things? I am left in more of a physical mess than ever before. Obviously, no one reads the reports, because I am more of a liability now than ever from the lack of treatment. In addition, I cannot drive due to the impaired vision, headaches, and dizziness. Yet, I can work in job that requires lifting, clear vision, and to stand on my feet all day..I am in the wrong business. I need an MD degree..lol!

(04-23-2011, 12:38 PM)Neverthesame Wrote: Lefty,

I am sorry to hear you are having to endure this. You mentioned that you know a great doctor on the panel. Your attorney most likely will have to get the insurance company to agree with it. I understand about who is seeing these reports. I have an ortho, neurologist, and physical therapist. None of them seem to know what the other is doing. The only one that cares, listens, and trying to help me is the physical therapist. She has been documenting a steady decline in overall health since neuro started the cocktail that does not work(Lamictal,Vicodin,Clonazepam). In addition, I have been having trouble completing physical therapy and cervical traction only helps during the traction, but the pain and other symptoms come right back after it is done. The physical therapsit stated that I have problems with co-ordination, balance, holding on to things, and gripping things. So the company sends a job description over and he signs off on it and the neuro agrees so not to anger the the ortho or insurance company. How can I lift a max of 20 lbs when I can barely stand up or hold onto things? I am left in more of a physical mess than ever before. Obviously, no one reads the reports, because I am more of a liability now than ever from the lack of treatment. In addition, I cannot drive due to the impaired vision, headaches, and dizziness. Yet, I can work in job that requires lifting, clear vision, and to stand on my feet all day..I am in the wrong business. I need an MD degree..lol!

Neverthesame, I can totally agree with everything your saying and my heart goes out to you. Can you ask one of your doctors to write something stating that you can't drive (right now) and give an estiment as to when you can? It's very dangerous to be on Vicodin or any meds that may alter or impair your judgement. If you get pulled over while on such meds...God forebid...you could get a DWI. Please make your attorney (if you have one)aware of this, or call your adjuster. If your doctor(s) or W/C refuse to provide transportation how can you complete your treaments? Hey by the way Happy Easter!
(04-22-2011, 11:13 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: I can see why your confused, sounds like a big mix up......lol.

LOL...you're telling me!
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

Lefty,

Thank you. The W/C Neurologist states I cannot drive and has no idea when I will be able to if ever. I do not drive at all for anything. Your right, I get pulled over and get arrested for DWI. They are providing transpotation, b ut here is the big issue now. I saw the Neurologist today. We found out that medicine cocktail he has put me on is really messing with me, slowly killing me actually. My blood pressure has gone through the roof since he put me on this anit sizure medicine. The medicines he prescribes does nothing, and guess what the all knowing double PHD did. He increased the dosages to a more theraputic dosage. The case manager was on the floor, because my blood pressure was 150/100. The way things are going. The doc is going to give a heart attack and get away with it. We keep trying to get another Neuro, but adjuster says no. We filed for a hearing on that. Also we are trying to get Orthopedic to order a series of tests that may find the root cause of the problem. Not really looking for to that, most likely neck/spinal surgery. I am slowly weening myself off of these meds. Anybody have any ideas? I could really use some right about now.

the prime directive in medicine is "first do no harm".
if you believe the doctor's treatment is worsening your condition, avoid any more treatment from them until the medical situation changes.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-27-2011, 05:25 PM)Neverthesame Wrote: Lefty,

Thank you. The W/C Neurologist states I cannot drive and has no idea when I will be able to if ever. I do not drive at all for anything. Your right, I get pulled over and get arrested for DWI. They are providing transpotation, b ut here is the big issue now. I saw the Neurologist today. We found out that medicine cocktail he has put me on is really messing with me, slowly killing me actually. My blood pressure has gone through the roof since he put me on this anit sizure medicine. The medicines he prescribes does nothing, and guess what the all knowing double PHD did. He increased the dosages to a more theraputic dosage. The case manager was on the floor, because my blood pressure was 150/100. The way things are going. The doc is going to give a heart attack and get away with it. We keep trying to get another Neuro, but adjuster says no. We filed for a hearing on that. Also we are trying to get Orthopedic to order a series of tests that may find the root cause of the problem. Not really looking for to that, most likely neck/spinal surgery. I am slowly weening myself off of these meds. Anybody have any ideas? I could really use some right about now.

Okay Neverthesame, let look at first things first. Good job in filing a hiring on changing the current Neuro. Do some research and see if you can come up with someone that has good reviews from injured patients.

In my case after talking with my attorney we are doing some what the same thing as far a filing a hiring. That's what I had to do when it came to getting transportation for my doctors, PT, Biofeedback, Psych, and pain management physchologist, and surgeon. Now we are looking into the matter of this pain doctor refusing to treat and why hasn't anyone been giving the attorney records since I'd seem the DIME in early December. Funny thing I went to see my surgeon today, and he strongly believes that I have RSD in my left upper extrimity. But as I memtioned earlier the pain doctor is going to do any more pain blocks...they haven't worked for me. But I've known people receive more that two and did okay with the three. The surgeon asked me who was following me...was it my concentra doctor. I looked at him as if he had two heads. I haven't seem by this person since March of 2010. So for him to help with my condition he said that I first needed to get my pain undercontrol,,,and PT agrees as well. Still no one has placed my at MMI and I am supposing that they are waiting on the DIME to do that since he was the one that say I wasn't there right.

My question is as who will follow me for maitenance as requested by the pain doctor. Now that he is no longer in the pitcure and the other pain doctor has closed out my case stating that she wasn't really treating me. There are isssues surround my carbital and cubital tunnel that some are trying to get my private insurance (which I have done) to take care of. Now I'm no doctor but, those conditions didn't exsite until after the first surgery of my what else, "Unlar Bone Shortening." What I am gulity of is constantly bending my arm closely guraded to my waist some because of wearing many brace, splints and fear of someone bumping up against it. When ever I would lower it my hand to my forearm would swell, ache, burn last to finger would go numb like crazy. I'd hold it out to the side as far as it could go and the needling would shoot down my arm really bad, going into my fingers. So you do the math...what you had done in my case. But I never had any of this prior to the surgeries or injury. Because of my RSD, I was really afraid that somone would come along and bump it or it be injured in some way. I've held that arm in that position since 11/2008. My right arm which was not injured at work has taking on all the responsibity for both has and now has shown true signs of CubitalsTunnel. But unless there is a doctor out that can undertand that after having an the first EMG proving nothing wrong and the other EMg proving positive for both Carpital and Cubital Tunnel.. and that is truely related to the cork injury. What can I do?

So as things stand as of today. The surgeon does not want to go back in because of my already ongoing three year pain. Also of the recent plates and screws removal he wants then to be able to heal properly.

Neverthesame, are you in Colorado? Please feel free to PM me and maybe we can look up a few suggestive docs that might be able to help you. If you haven't already used your two choices as to what doctor you want to see. I see no problem choicing another. Please email me and I would be more that happy to look up a few top of the line doctors for you that deal with W/C insurance cases. You know the kind that the insurance company would have to say to themselves....dog...how did she get him...LOL and most of all I hope you are feeling better since I last replied to you. I will be sending up a special request for you and all the members struggling to just get some form of their life back. GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. AND TOUCH AND GRANT MERCY AND A KIND HEART ON THE SO-CALLED POWERS THAT BE. one last thing Neverthesame. When you say, "We keep trying to get another Neuro, but adjuster says no." But please tell me exactly what persons are you referring to when you say 'we'?

It's not funny but...lol... I will more than likely get turned down as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  real low ball offer Beenthrualot 16 9,169 06-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Beenthrualot
  Can I drop my attorney? Samsmom 2 4,140 07-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Samsmom
  drop lawyer combatcop 1 2,414 05-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  If I drop my claim..... alagada1 2 9,164 11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Last Post: shelkai246
  If I drop my atty do I continue to see the doctors that he set me up with? alagada1 3 4,929 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  How to get the ball rolling towards settlement? injuredinidaho 4 4,001 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Last Post: webehealed
  FAIR WARNING jayne 15 11,087 01-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  PM doc. threw me a curve ball AQA 3 2,663 04-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  It's Their Ball Game e3mrk 3 2,939 03-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  How can I do this with permanent Nerve damage and Drop Foot nutpn 6 13,363 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Babebahn