Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC Claim (Ventura County)
What happens if my attorney has stopped working on my case and I just want to end the claim and go back to work? I have been cleared by the doctor. Do I just do nothing an move on or do I need to fire him and
officially close the case with another guy?

Will I have to pay back EDD SDI? I collected SDI for the first two months until work comp kicked in. If the claim is dropped can SDI come after me for repayment? Seems ridiculous if they can but it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Can somebody please PM me? I really need some sound advice.

(04-21-2011, 09:53 PM)flower4 Wrote: What happens if my attorney has stopped working on my case and I just want to end the claim and go back to work? I have been cleared by the doctor. Do I just do nothing an move on or do I need to fire him and
officially close the case with another guy?

Will I have to pay back EDD SDI? I collected SDI for the first two months until work comp kicked in. If the claim is dropped can SDI come after me for repayment? Seems ridiculous if they can but it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Can somebody please PM me? I really need some sound advice.

Go back to work as soon as possible . Do not drop the claim it will resolve in time. You do not have to pay back SDI if you claim was work related they have a lien with the court. The IC pays this.

When an IW goes back to work ( which is what they should do ) you are in a position to actually fight the claim.

Finding another attorney will be dificult. No real money in it. I would keep the attorney and go back to work. When they want to settle you would be in a better position becuase you have options and you don't have to jump at any little offer because of financial hardship.

You will hear something sooner or later.

send a letter to the judge with a cc to the defense atty and your atty telling them you want to dismiss your claim.
if your claim is dismissed the liens are moot.
they stay suspended until or unless the claim is reactivated.
keep a copy.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 18,567 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Last Post: 1171