Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC Hearing
I had a hearing today with the Bureau, for approval of a med they want approve. Hearing was good there attorney could not make 1 comment as to why the med should not be approved. Got home and got the mail and now my employer has changed who the TPA is. THey have now changed to Travelers Insurance Co. THey just changed who my TPA is for my meds, and last TTD check i got they paid me for like 8 weeks out and 6 of those weeks were in advance. So now it is all starting to fit like a puzzle what they are doing. I had never seen this attorney that was representing them, They are doing everything they can to save $$, Now that also tells me why i have been having trouble with 2 of my existing scripts that we had alaready had approved through the bureau. Guess I need to contact my attorney tomorrow and fill him in. I asked my attorney today if i was going to have to deal with these people the rest of my life and suprise he said yes. We are going to go for permenant total disability some day. I just would like for it to all be over so i can forget them people and live my life the best i can. Has anyone dealt with Travelers Ins for your WC claim /??
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

C_F we have the same injuries....I set my mind I wasnt gonna have another surgery period..I also had tricare for life to take care of my meds......so I settled the stress went down alot but depression went up.....take your time and decide what you want to do....every year you get weaker.....my cows went yesterday....we just can take care of them anymore and the chance of one of them butting me was just to much.....I have my chickens,geese and my dogs thats it all that left on our farm.....our acre garden is now planted in different fruit trees.....easier to take care of than a garden.....our garden is less than a 1/4 acre now.....enough to feed our family and can but not much else......do what you want as far as settleing......its your life...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

CF,

I had travelers for my IC when I was injured the first time out in NV. And you are absolutely right. They will do all that they can to make sure that they don't pay one cent more than is ABSOLUTELY necessary in their eyes.

I had to call every month to get the same prescription (anti-inflammatory) approved. They never would approve anything for the pain, even after I went through each of the 2 surgeries. It took them over 3 months to approve the first round of PT and that is why I had to have the 2nd surgery.. due to scar tissue building up at the surgical sight, making it impossible for me to use my wrist and thumb on my right arm.

They also sent me to scumbag Dr for my EMG/NCS. I walked out of his office, crying like a baby. Having 4 wisdom teeth pulled at 14 without much sedation was a lot easier then this was. I have had a dozen EMG/NCS's since, and not one of them hurt even 1/100th of the first one. I reported the Dr for his treatment of me, and it seems that about 2 dozen others had to and he eventually lost his license.

This could have been due just to the number of case workers that I had throughout the duration of my claim. Six of them over a year. Only the last case worker had any familiarity with my claim.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Should be getting the result from the hearing in the next few days,
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

I got my letter today from the BWC hearing officer, well imagine this they have to pay for the meds, Another win for me.

well done C_F
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......