Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Uncomfortable with Invasive Procedure
freebird I've had good wc treating doctors and very bad ones.

After being injured by the wc doctor I wanted out of the system and told my attorney so, he told me to wait things out. I did but also filed a complaint with the state against this doctor.

At the settlement conference the insurance company's attorney showed up in court, she had just learned of the compliant I had filed with the state. The attorney's exact words, "I feel responsible for her injuries, I am the one who insisted she go to Dr E."

The attorney left court that day called the insurance company and strong recommended they settle for the amount we were asking for. My attorney called me the following morning with the news the insurance company had agreed to the amount we were asking.

I was able to keep the cervical injury at of the wc system with my personal health insurance paying for the surgery.
One of the reasons I did this was because I wanted my pick of surgeons.

(04-11-2011, 01:19 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: freebird I've had good wc treating doctors and very bad ones.

After being injured by the wc doctor I wanted out of the system and told my attorney so, he told me to wait things out. I did but also filed a complaint with the state against this doctor.

At the settlement conference the insurance company's attorney showed up in court, she had just learned of the compliant I had filed with the state. The attorney's exact words, "I feel responsible for her injuries, I am the one who insisted she go to Dr E."

The attorney left court that day called the insurance company and strong recommended they settle for the amount we were asking for. My attorney called me the following morning with the news the insurance company had agreed to the amount we were asking.

I was able to keep the cervical injury at of the wc system with my personal health insurance paying for the surgery.
One of the reasons I did this was because I wanted my pick of surgeons.

You have to agree your injury could have been caused by a non WC Physician.

I will never believe all WC appointed Physicians are bad. My point is that this forum as others that deal with WC see the worse case scenarios posted whatever the actual reason was.

One of the WC Physicians was a WC Hoe. I actually had to see this Turd 4x. The last time this same WC Physician declared I was PTD. He was a one with no designated father the other 3x....

Do not let this system work you; Work the system. Most IE's are smoked out financially and I understand this. I was lucky; My wife makes a really good living;We put 2 kids through college collecting WC and playing there shenanigan's. I did not have to give in due to financial stress as many are forced to.

I hate WC but it is there for the IW and most IW's have no trouble with the system.

The injury could have been cause by a non work comp doctor but it wasn't, the doctor was pushing down hard on the top of the head, my thoughts at the time was.....he is trying to push my head into the ground.

I asked the doctor to stop pushing on my head...told him he was hurting me, the doctor continued.
He then placed his hands on the side of my head forcing the head to turn from side to side.
My witness in the exam room stood up and asked the doctor to stop and the doctor continued.

I know exactly when I was injured.........I felt the muscles react to the pushing on the top of the head.
I left that appointment with a migraine starting, that migraine lasted 36 days. The low blood pressure I have as the norm shot up to 160/120. The nurses at the hospital told me I am very fortunate I did not stroke out.

Now the wc surgeon who did my TRK, he was great, I would have picked him even if not on work comp.

As I mentioned earlier the state board of healing arts found enough value in my complaint to appoiint an investigator
to the case.

(04-11-2011, 05:14 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: The injury could have been cause by a non work comp doctor but it wasn't, the doctor was pushing down hard on the top of the head, my thoughts at the time was.....he is trying to push my head into the ground.

I asked the doctor to stop pushing on my head...told him he was hurting me, the doctor continued.
He then placed his hands on the side of my head forcing the head to turn from side to side.
My witness in the exam room stood up and asked the doctor to stop and the doctor continued.

I know exactly when I was injured.........I felt the muscles react to the pushing on the top of the head.
I left that appointment with a migraine starting, that migraine lasted 36 days. The low blood pressure I have as the norm shot up to 160/120. The nurses at the hospital told me I am very fortunate I did not stroke out.

Now the wc surgeon who did my TRK, he was great, I would have picked him even if not on work comp.

As I mentioned earlier the state board of healing arts found enough value in my complaint to appoiint an investigator
to the case.

********UPDATE*******
I want to thank all of you for your help. I did have the procedure yesterday. I can honestly say that I was still uncomfortable with this doctor but resigned myself to do what was required. Everything went fine and they discovered what I've been telling them all along. I must say that before sedation the physician doing the procedure told me the IME wanted them to deviate from the procedure and to take a picture of other organs if possible.

All I could do was snicker to myself. They seem to be reaching for anything but the true cause of the problem. I can't wait to see what comes next!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this standard procedure or is there no end to this Lostandconfused 15 1,722 11-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Proper Procedure for Returning to Work DownbutNotOut 2 1,891 09-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Inicial procedure after injury? JCC 2 2,408 06-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,297 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  forced to do surgical procedure intellec 21 12,563 06-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Spine Fusion?Is the outcome of this procedure Positive? borninabarn 13 15,627 09-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Last Post: mistreated