Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need Cash Now
(04-07-2011, 03:37 PM)freebird Wrote: I have been on Louisiana WC for almost 8 years.

If you are getting paid and your medical needs are being met, you are doing good; better than most on this forum.

Have you had a mediation for a settlement? I did almost 2 years ago and we still have not settled because the IC is not ready/satisfied. The MSA put a "snag" in the settlement.

You cannot bring a calf to waterTongue; also you cannot force WC IC to settleSad. Patience is a virtue and it is out of your control.
No I havent had a mediation yet.

(04-07-2011, 05:17 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: You may not be able to collect SSI because it is income based, but you can collect SSDI which is based on disability not income.
I tried to collect on both but i could not

LDT - I know the feeling. You are not alone. They have already repossessed my truck (which was my late husbands and it was heart breaking to watch it go) and I have almost lost my house twice (thank God for modifications). I have not paid a credit card in three years since my injury and have two judgements against me.

We all know the feeling. I was working three jobs and was doing great with money, now I am reduced to what they pay me and then have to come up with cash for health insurance (which was covered in my paycheck when I was working).

I get a small amount (and I mean very very small) from social security because of the offset from WC.

I feel your pain. Believe me I do. I want the IC to settle so bad so I can pay off my bills and get back to a regular life, but that is not going to happen. They said that they DO NOT settle ANY WC claims, so I am reduced to a life that sucks right now because I am never going to be able to go back to work.

Hang in there, get help when you can. I applied for modification for my home and got approved (twice), I applied for heating assistance and got 400.00 to apply to my heating bill, and also got approved for a program for my electric bill which basically cuts it in half for 7 months. I got reduced price lunches for my son at school.

You have to look for help and apply for everything you can. If you get turned down, thats ok, but at least you tried.
Keep up the fight and keep up your spirits. It sucks, I know. we all know. But there is not much you can do about it right now.
I wish you luck.
take care

Dina

(04-08-2011, 09:45 AM)nursedina Wrote: LDT - I know the feeling. You are not alone. They have already repossessed my truck (which was my late husbands and it was heart breaking to watch it go) and I have almost lost my house twice (thank God for modifications). I have not paid a credit card in three years since my injury and have two judgements against me.

We all know the feeling. I was working three jobs and was doing great with money, now I am reduced to what they pay me and then have to come up with cash for health insurance (which was covered in my paycheck when I was working).

I get a small amount (and I mean very very small) from social security because of the offset from WC.

I feel your pain. Believe me I do. I want the IC to settle so bad so I can pay off my bills and get back to a regular life, but that is not going to happen. They said that they DO NOT settle ANY WC claims, so I am reduced to a life that sucks right now because I am never going to be able to go back to work.

Hang in there, get help when you can. I applied for modification for my home and got approved (twice), I applied for heating assistance and got 400.00 to apply to my heating bill, and also got approved for a program for my electric bill which basically cuts it in half for 7 months. I got reduced price lunches for my son at school.

You have to look for help and apply for everything you can. If you get turned down, thats ok, but at least you tried.
Keep up the fight and keep up your spirits. It sucks, I know. we all know. But there is not much you can do about it right now.
I wish you luck.
take care

Dina
I know what yoour are going through I lost my new car that i got in 2006 and i had 3yrs more years left to pay for it and i almost lost my home also i had to do the same thing and do the modification for my home. Thank godi can keep my medical insurance because i left on retirement disability. My son was in private school I had to take him out and put him back in public school but thank god he is gradurating in less than one month from now. i try to get all the assistant that i can. But I tell everyone the reason i am survieng this whole thing is that i believe and trust in god and that i have faith in him. I know it's blessing in tore for me he's not going to put no more on us than we can bear . we have to stay prayed up and defeat that devil. One thing i tell people all the time the reason why i am making it because god favors me.

[/b]When you are going through great Suffering read

Romans 8:28 kjv
2 Cor 1:5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney told me to cash out claim and use own health insurance wcthaway 2 379 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Desperate for answers California IC offered me cash to buy my life medical Sugarpuss44 5 2,280 08-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Injured... need cash fast. Should I ask for a settlement? merk0331 3 3,809 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Rolleyes IME exam not favorable Lawyer says cash settlement?? bortner3 26 27,207 08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  100% dissabled cash out MrPain 19 21,994 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
  lawsuit cash advance loans zest4life 12 9,394 03-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Last Post: zest4life
  what determains a cash settlement 2008xb 14 11,041 03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
  Health Ins Won't Pay If Cash Settlement Bummer Knees 3 4,402 11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees