Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help dont know what to do
Rolleyes 
I am writing to ask for help for other people in similar positions. I had an on the job injury in Sept of 2010. Had my arm crushed/smashed with a piece of furniture and an elevator door. Have had xrays, and a ct plus i went to PT for over 5 months, still not better, than in Jan. of 2011 I was out sick from my job with an illness for 6 weeks. Came back to work, but while I was out my HR department informed me that my manager never gave them my restrictions that the doctor put on me. They than told me that I was a huge liability to the company, I came back to work and before I could clock in they told me that I had a write up for some bull#$%$ that my manager did the day I went home sick with pnemonia and copd. Well I than was informed that I had to give my key back and my schedule to work was changed. Plus they had a temp working that they decided to keep. She tells me the first day back that everything ran so good without me there, she didnt know where I would fit in.OK i worked there a year and a half she was there not even two months. I told her that I would fit in fine. Anyway long story short, I was now back at work with a previous WC injury and covered still under FMLA, plus unfortuantley my 16 yr old daughter suffers from JRA and I had to open an FMLA for her two. She had to start PT two days a week. Well one week later my manager pulled me in his office and said that he would find anyway to get me fired. Threatend me with the fact that If I made one more mistake or caused any problem he would terminate me. Well he did only one week later. HR tried to find me another location to go to but my stupid manager terminated me with no reason on the letter he sent to HR. He went over their head and did it anyway.
Please help, he now has told Unemployment I was fired for misconduct but told my WC adjuster that I was fired for work preformance.

Your manager made the statement "They than told me that I was a huge liability to the company"

You should have gotten a work comp attorney at that point.

For your own protecting please start searching for a work comp attorney.

In what state were you injured?

(04-01-2011, 09:20 AM)Timothy Belt Wrote: In what state were you injured?

I live in the state of Florida

Thank you
(04-01-2011, 09:06 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Your manager made the statement "They than told me that I was a huge liability to the company"

You should have gotten a work comp attorney at that point.

For your own protecting please start searching for a work comp attorney.

I have spoken with a workmans comp atty and he said without proof of this statement that i dont have a case.

(04-01-2011, 04:35 AM)ghosthunter69 Wrote: I am writing to ask for help for other people in similar positions. I had an on the job injury in Sept of 2010. Had my arm crushed/smashed with a piece of furniture and an elevator door. Have had xrays, and a ct plus i went to PT for over 5 months, still not better, than in Jan. of 2011 I was out sick from my job with an illness for 6 weeks. Came back to work, but while I was out my HR department informed me that my manager never gave them my restrictions that the doctor put on me. They than told me that I was a huge liability to the company, I came back to work and before I could clock in they told me that I had a write up for some bull#$%$ that my manager did the day I went home sick with pnemonia and copd. Well I than was informed that I had to give my key back and my schedule to work was changed. Plus they had a temp working that they decided to keep. She tells me the first day back that everything ran so good without me there, she didnt know where I would fit in.OK i worked there a year and a half she was there not even two months. I told her that I would fit in fine. Anyway long story short, I was now back at work with a previous WC injury and covered still under FMLA, plus unfortuantley my 16 yr old daughter suffers from JRA and I had to open an FMLA for her two. She had to start PT two days a week. Well one week later my manager pulled me in his office and said that he would find anyway to get me fired. Threatend me with the fact that If I made one more mistake or caused any problem he would terminate me. Well he did only one week later. HR tried to find me another location to go to but my stupid manager terminated me with no reason on the letter he sent to HR. He went over their head and did it anyway.
Please help, he now has told Unemployment I was fired for misconduct but told my WC adjuster that I was fired for work preformance.

OH yeah thanks to my "Closer Serial Bully Boss" lieing to unemployment he has screwed that up for me too. Now what, I am going to try and appeal but they say that he has signed papers that I never signed. This was a document production company that I worked for.

You need a work comp attorney now!

If your will look on this forum page would will find information about finding an attorney.
Mr Belt is an attorney from PA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you dont settle your claim? cluffey 5 6,137 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  dont want workmans comp lucy mann 5 6,426 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Last Post: AQA
  carpal tunnel. dont know what to do... klbala3324 19 27,690 05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Last Post: klbala3324
  Help? I dont know what to do rwoodruff1973 1 3,528 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Primary says dont. bronco54501 10 11,312 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  I dont know where to go CleaverNameHere 9 4,924 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  dont know what to think help me 16 9,435 06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Last Post: MJC
  dont settle for crap denmantragic 9 6,735 04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Rolleyes help!!!! dont know what 2 do???????? lostndawind 2 3,710 03-22-2009, 12:15 PM
  dont know what to do lucy1959 6 5,790 11-19-2008, 11:10 AM