Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about my injury
I need help with a question. My attorney just called. Workers comp wants to end my weekly checks. The doctor that they have me going to said it is just a soft tissue injury and I can go back to work. The problem is I’ve been off work since Sept when I fell at work (co-worker placed object in my pathway) injuring my neck and lower back,
After several months and 4weeks of PT, the doctor finally ordered an MRI and found that I only have a bulge in C6 C7 and nothing is wrong with my lower back. He sent me for 4 more weeks of PT and then in January, schedule me for a shot in the neck. The shot did not work and the doctor that did it wanted to give me another one within 10-15days, but they cancelled it since I had to go back to the doctor I’m seeing for this. I went to him a few weeks ago and he said he would schedule me another shot, but I should not have any pain in my lower back and the pain in my neck and shoulder can’t be that bad. I just started my new round of PT for my entire spine this time, and I’m using a different therapist (the one I had used saw me and went up to the new one and started talking about me when he noticed us. Today is only my second visit and I told her that the pain in my left neck and upper arm is still there and just as strong if not stronger but now it is moving to the right should and arm.
Now, my attorney just called telling me that they are going to stop my checks in a few weeks and that the doctor is going to sign off and send me back to work. (I love my job and co-workers) but I’m really in pain and I can’t seem to convince them that I am. I’ve tried telling the doctor that even lifting a coffee cup in the morning causes me pain and even walking and driving, but I know he does not believe me, I’m going to go ahead and file for long term disability that I have through work but what if they send me back and I’m still having problems.

each state has different rules, without knowing yours I can't answer.
generally most states allow a second medical opinion or a change of doctors.
without supporting medical evidence benefits will be limited to what the doctor's believe not how you feel.
you might want to talk to your employer about providing some lighter work for a while.
if treatment is denied you can go thru your regular health insurance.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Samsmom long term disabilty may not pay if your Dr says you are able to work....if you feel you are that badly hurt and they say you are not get the denial letter from WC and go thru your private insurance and get a MRI so they can better check out your discs in your lower back and neck then if something is found you can go back to WC just ask your lawyer how to do it so you dont mess up your medical rights if they find something...do not sign a settlement agreement with WC whatever you do untill you have tried everything you can to get fxed
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(03-30-2011, 12:16 PM)Samsmom Wrote: I need help with a question. My attorney just called. Workers comp wants to end my weekly checks. The doctor that they have me going to said it is just a soft tissue injury and I can go back to work. The problem is I’ve been off work since Sept when I fell at work (co-worker placed object in my pathway) injuring my neck and lower back,
After several months and 4weeks of PT, the doctor finally ordered an MRI and found that I only have a bulge in C6 C7 and nothing is wrong with my lower back. He sent me for 4 more weeks of PT and then in January, schedule me for a shot in the neck. The shot did not work and the doctor that did it wanted to give me another one within 10-15days, but they cancelled it since I had to go back to the doctor I’m seeing for this. I went to him a few weeks ago and he said he would schedule me another shot, but I should not have any pain in my lower back and the pain in my neck and shoulder can’t be that bad. I just started my new round of PT for my entire spine this time, and I’m using a different therapist (the one I had used saw me and went up to the new one and started talking about me when he noticed us. Today is only my second visit and I told her that the pain in my left neck and upper arm is still there and just as strong if not stronger but now it is moving to the right should and arm.
Now, my attorney just called telling me that they are going to stop my checks in a few weeks and that the doctor is going to sign off and send me back to work. (I love my job and co-workers) but I’m really in pain and I can’t seem to convince them that I am. I’ve tried telling the doctor that even lifting a coffee cup in the morning causes me pain and even walking and driving, but I know he does not believe me, I’m going to go ahead and file for long term disability that I have through work but what if they send me back and I’m still having problems.

Samsmom,
Lifting a little ole coffee cup? Never say something like that! Had you said something like that to me before experiencing my own injuries, I would have laughed you right out of the room. It's better to say that lifting your arm causes you pain. Do you see the psychology of what I'm saying? You HAVE to be very, very careful when portraying your injuries to others. Especially to narrow minded individuals who have never experienced what you're going through. You see?

Samsmom, thier is alot of trickery and sly devils when dealing with wc injuries.. Wording things to the medical field is very important when they are trying to figure out what is wrong.. You should be allowed to get a second oppinion, dont let it rest with then saying nothing is wrong.. If they give you a denial, then use your own ins to get another oppinion..

As far as the injections, sometimes 2 or 3 of them 2 weeks apart is a normal to get better results.. Your attorney should know how to handle your situation, but think very clearly about signing off without getting all neccesary treatment...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical spine injury question Bummer Knees 44 44,210 11-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Post: bugmann
Question Extent of Injury question salvador5266 1 2,193 03-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Quick question about Lumbar injury, rating, and state disability Frayed 17 26,792 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Frayed
  previous injury question Utah jjortiz214 1 2,392 11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
  question on old injury txlopes 2 2,802 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Last Post: txlopes
  Work injury and restrictions question. tarabeth 7 28,359 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Last Post: gba2011
  repetitive motion injury - question concerned friend 8 6,630 06-30-2008, 01:10 AM
  return to driving after brain injury -question muttley 8 9,934 12-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Question about back injury ksgirl 7 3,844 07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Last Post: ksgirl