Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME Visit Advice
I have my second IME visit tomorrow. I’m truly interested to see what will be said. After the first visit my attorney requested all records but did not receive them; a subpoena was sent and still no records. The last time I went my spouse was with me but was not allowed in the office with me. Can the IME determine who is allowed in the room during the visit?

Thanks in advance

It's probably up to the IME. you might check with the rules for your state.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-27-2011, 11:25 AM)1171 Wrote: It's probably up to the IME. you might check with the rules for your state.

Thanks I will..I forgot to mention I was from SC. I will peruse their website and see what I find.

Take all your records with you...they are supposed to have them but seldom do.....they dont like witnesses to their misdeads.....if you were gonna steal someones check would you want a witness?Take your husband back anyway if you like..no female has to be in a room alone with a male Dr...do you take meds?Tell the Dr your man is there to take notes and have him do so...dont ever lie and you will come out okay....have your husband write every test he does and how long he spends with you and then give it to your lawyer.Good luck......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I forgot to post a follow up.
Before my visit I spoke with my lawyer and who said, my spouse being in the exam room should not be a problem but said WC tries all types of things and if they said “no” don’t push it. So we did not push it. But check out the excuse they gave me.

I asked why my spouse could not be in the room with me and they were vague and said it was a violation of HIPAA and stated that one of the physicians in the practice (not my treating physician) does not allow this. We were totally prepared for the excuses but I found the HIPAA excuse priceless. I’ve studied the HIPAA law, I’ve worked in a field that required me to know the nuances of the law, as far as patient privacy and release of information, and never have I seen anything that pertains to the excuses they were using.

The visit went over test that I’ve had and the IME truly tried to reach for everything possible to blame my issues on. I have another visit tomorrow and I’m anxious to see what these test results show. I just don’t understand why it is so hard for them to be honest about our conditions. I know it is a game but what happened to ethics. I’ve never been in a position where I did not trust a physician until now. During my last IME visit I was required to go to another physician for more tests and I did not leave with a good feeling. I will truly be glad when this is over. I’m so tired of the poking, testing, and a general sense of uneasiness about what is coming next.

Thanks Jayne, your advice was right on target. I spoke with attorney about my records. The response was…they can have whatever records they want and she further stated that she would be more than glad to provide information since she has collected a wealth of information about my health.