Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security Administration Revals Happening More
I read about 6 months ago that Social Security Administration would be stepping up the evaluations of those on SSI and SSDI.

When one qualifies for one SSI or/& SSDI Social Security Administration send an award letter and informs the individual when they can expect an evaluation to determine if the individual is still disabled.

Many individual were due for an evaluation in recent years and it never happened. I was awarded SSDI in 2007 with it being posted dated to September 2006, my award letter said I would be evaluated by SSA in 2010, it never happened, but I do expect it to happen within the next year.

Recently I have been made a aware of several individuals who are being evaluated by SSA/DDS to determine if they are still disabled.

One is my sister, she received SSDI in 2003, had a liver transplant in 2005, her Hep C is still active. Another individual is a good friend of our family who started receiving SSDI in 2004, he received a head injury when assulted by inmates while working at a prison. He's had brain & spine surgery.

Just wondering if anyone of the forum has gone thru the re-evaluation process with SSA/DDS?

no not here but Bill turns 62 next month and I am past 55 so I dont see it happening here
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Whether SSA evaluates you or not is up to them. I assume I will be re-evaluated when due, but will wait and see. I was told to keep track of new medical since approval as to be ready when asked to provide the info to SSA.
Let Go, and Let God......

I agree with you Chris it is up to SSA when they evaluate a person, but I did not start this thread to debate that issue.

I started this thread because of the recent changes SSA has made in doing re-evaluations and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this.

the only thing that has changed here is I have gotten worse....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

BK ,I haven't heard of anyone being re-evaluated. Come to think about it. I don't think I have heard of anyone hear being re-evaluated for thier disability. HHHMMM???

I do know that I am suppose to be re-evaluated at the ten year mark. It was originally seven years, but that changed when I started back to school. If all goes well, I will have tried to return to work by then.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA the information I have received is if one has returned to school under the ticket to work then the individual will not be evaluated while in school.

As I earlier posted my acceptance letter from SSA reads I will be re-eval in 2010 and it did not happen.

Like Jayne my medical has gotten worse over time and add to that the neck injury.

I would gladly return to work with assistance from SSA and have given serious thought to the ticket to work program.

I am wondering if the SSA is not contacting the treating drs. of records ( the ones they checked with prior to approving someone ). To see what the status of the patient is.

Do you recall ever reading of someone on here being re-evaluated???

I understand that you know of two people that were re-evaluated. I am wondering if SSA tryed to contact their treating dr of records and did not get an answer.

Mind you, I am only speculating, but to me. It makes sence that the SSA would contact the treating dr of records for the info. I know that mine were contacted prior to approvale, and it makes sence money wise. I mean, why pay a dr. to see someone, when just checking with the treating dr. would get the same info. Further more, the treating dr. would have more info to provide to SSA than a dr. that sees the person for 15 to 20 minutes.

Just my thoughts.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA I have read a couple of threads on this forum about injured workers being re-eval'd by SSA, I remember Bad Boy answering one of the post. The wording SSA uses is redetermination for the eval.

Another forum I belong to has had several threads about injuerd workers being re-eval'd by SSA.

My friend the former prison worker, (3rd in command at the prison) has an appointment next week with one of SSA's doctors. The letter he received reads: SSA does not have enough information to decided if he is still disabled.
Before he was approved for SSDI he was treated at Mayo Hospital with going thru neurosurgery, problem is he did not provide SSA with any of the medical records.

I have decided to provide SSA my IME report which rates me at 92%.

SSA does obtain information from medical doctors and that is why they are in the hoop as to what is going on with an individual. Course if one is an injured worker SSA may not have the current information.

I worked as an intake worker with SSA in the 90's my job was on the children's side of the program.

bummer, I think We Both got On disability about The Same time, I Got a Letter Last Year, But It Was More Like a questionare, For Instance, It Asked me about 10 questions, all related to my injuries and I Like You would Love To Be able to work Again.I actually tried Several times To go Back to work and The First Question I Was usually asked Was why Did I Quit A Job After Being There So Long.I didn't quit I Was let Go,That's What My Company told Me!Anyways Back to The letter, After I Mailed It Back It Said They Had Me To Still Be Disabled and Not Able To work, I am supposed To Be Re evaluated Every 3 Years.My Understanding is If They think You are Able to go Back to Work They Are Supposed to send you To a doctor who will decide that.
no matter where you're at there you are

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 4 5,068 07-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Lewis-H
  Social Security disability on verge of insolvency Wink 5 5,596 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security at risk! Bummer Knees 24 11,846 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 13,362 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 4,388 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Disability Bad Boy Bad Boy 18 16,305 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Social Security Cookiecrum 13 8,249 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  What is happening for Halloween???? red1030 12 8,225 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  What's happening with me red1030 15 7,345 08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  What is happening in your home for Thanksgiving? red1030 30 11,834 11-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Last Post: red1030