Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Break
It is the start of Spring Break in our part of the country.

Mine will be spent taking kids to the YMCA, planting the container garden, and working on taxes as my neck allows.

Just wondering what others are doing this Spring Break.

todays the last day of it here..... Dental visits were squeezed in for the kids.... a trip to the aquairum in Tulsa and we planted peas,green beans and squash....the tomato seeds were planted indoors.....today I see some are mowing already.....I finished up Shae a new spring wardrobe and will get to cutting on Carries...its mid March already.....and in the hi 80s outside
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(03-18-2011, 01:24 PM)jayne Wrote: todays the last day of it here..... Dental visits were squeezed in for the kids.... a trip to the aquairum in Tulsa and we planted peas,green beans and squash....the tomato seeds were planted indoors.....today I see some are mowing already.....I finished up Shae a new spring wardrobe and will get to cutting on Carries...its mid March already.....and in the hi 80s outside

Now I'm jealous,, just last week we got another 7 inches of snow.. Mon had warmed in to the high 30's and slowly climbed up. It brought out a thunderstorm last night, poured like buckets for 30 min.. Today its 40 patchy clouds, ground is still snow covered, people are still driving on our lakes.. Next week is the big warm up, 50's and rain. They already started opening up the dams in case it melts to fast, the melting and run offs will flood our rivers and resivors quickly... I'm 1/2 mile through the woods from the Wisconsin river, it wont effect me here but the rd to town will be under water..........

Told ya to pack up

Here in Ohio it does not get warm until mid July, siting here with my fireplace going tonight to keep a little extra warm
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Darn Jayne, you are little warmer than we are. Its usually us that has the higher temp..

Anyway, my spring break is over. I spent it studying. Only seven more weeks before finals. I can't wait until this one is over.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

its cooler today but boy howdy I am tired.....planted some more fruit trees....will put in the tomatos this afternoon I am just to tired right now

We are at the end of our Spring break here. Back to school for both Randy and Nate on Monday.

As y'all know, Randy and I started the break up in Kansas. Loved our visit with Bummer and her family. Got home late Sunday and returned the rental car on Monday. Spent Tuesday getting the house back in order and groceries. Wednesday, I had my mechanic come and get my car for a tune-up and a few repairs it needed. By Wednesday afternoon I changed my title to taxi-driver. Ran Nathan back and forth between Albertson's and a local clinic. Should know by Tuesday or so if he will have his first job !!!

Friday, it was for Randy. To dentist by 8:30 AM and back to pick him up at noon. He had a tooth pulled and 3 hours worth of oral surgery on his mouth. Had to go and get his scrips as well. Home to change my title to nurse. Men sure can be babies when it comes to pain ~L~.

Last Wednesday (9th) I had electricians in my kitchen for over 4 hours. Three new light fixtures and a new ceiling fan later, I got my first good glimpse of my kitchen for the first time since last fall (bad wiring and no funds to fix so lived/cooked with only the stove hood light). Friday I went and bought all kinds of cleaning products and have been scrubbing all the surfaces in the kitchen little by little. But darned, by the time I am finished, it will look like we have a brand new kitchen.

Nate is going to the Plex with his buddies this afternoon .. but his butt is mine all day tomorrow. It's time to get out and get the front porch cleaned off, bushes trimmed and tear out what is left of the old garden so that we can start on the new. We've had 2 days where the temps hit over 90 already.. and the next week is high 70's to mid 80's. I can't wait til I can sit out on the front porch in the morning, watching the squirrley's chase one another around.

I finally found a Dr that isn't over 70 miles away and will accept my medicare/medicaid insurance. I have my first appointment with her on Monday morning. We shall see if this is going to work out. So much that I need help with.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

good luck Angel......we got most of the garden in today gonna finish it tonight under that very full moon......except for bell peppers.....havent found any nice ones yet

Hubby & I have been packing up Bre's bedroom with her things going into storage. Her old bedroom is a much bigger room and Cody will move into it. When that is done, Cody's old room will be painted, walls repaired and it will become the guest bedroom.

Hubby is doing most of the work and I am giving the directions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  11 Reasons to break up with your doctor- healthgrades California_Help 0 2,282 04-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  spring is here, I hope jayne 2 2,721 03-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  Spring Time Bummer Knees 2 2,988 03-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  its spring in Oklaoma jayne 9 5,110 05-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  where is spring? jayne 3 2,955 02-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Finally Spring Time! Bummer Knees 10 5,762 04-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Last Post: ammowoman
  Ending this beautiful Spring day with...... chrischris 1 2,239 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Hows your spring bronco54501 3 3,254 04-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Spring at last bronco54501 6 4,475 04-06-2013, 09:43 AM
  Spring????? bodybuilder1958 3 3,033 04-04-2013, 09:48 AM