Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think im being lied to or my boss is trying to screw me over.
Ok so here's the story. I am a hair stylist in Pennsylvania. This past Saturday I sliced part of my knuckle off with my scissors, I called the owner of my salon and told her what happened and asked her what I should do. She said that since she didn't have a list of panel doctors from her insurance company that I should go to the local hospital. So I go over to the hospital and the doctor puts in 3 stitches and puts a splint on my finger. He tells me that these have to stay on for 10 days and then I can go to my family doctor to get them taken out. So he prints out the paperwork saying this and gives me a form for my owner to fill out. I bring the form to her and give her the other papers. She calls me later and says that nowhere on these papers does it say I need to be out for 10 days, now mind you, its impossible to cut hair with a splint on your finger. She tells me that since she still doesn't have the panel list of doctors that I must make an appointment with my family doctor, she tells me this on Monday. I call the family doctor and they don't understand why this is happening. I can't get in to see my doctor until Thursday. My owner tells me that since I wont have the note saying how long im out for until Thursday that they will not backdate the note for the days I have been out since Saturday. Her insurance company then calls me and tells me the same thing. The insurance woman tells me that my owner does not understand the laws so therefore I am getting screwed over. If this woman owns 2 other salons plus ours wouldnt you think she would know whats going on? What am I to do?

have your doctor lay out your work restrictions then
ask your employer to provide modified work.
if they can't then you can collect workers comp disability until you are released to full work or they provide modified work.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Many employers are ignorant of their responsibilities regarding workers comp. It is possible she is lying, but she may just not have a clue. As far as Pennsylvania goes, no payment is due for the first 7 days of disability unless the disability lasts longer than 14 days, then the first 7 days will be paid. I believe the date of the note is largely irrelevant. It is the date of injury that will determine this.

For the most part I agree with the above. I would also toss in to the mix that in PA the IC/employer only has 21 days from the date of notice to accept or deny your claim. If you have not received a Notice of Compensation payable within the 21 day period, I would strongly suggest talking to a lawyer. Most WC lawyers are more than willing to meet with an injured worker without any charge for the initial consultation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boss denied doctor after injury Sonomaco 1 390 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  AZ, boss doesn't want to go through WC for my injury, what should I do? TruckerLynn 4 2,119 08-24-2017, 11:36 PM
  Lawyer Ran SOL intentionally/AME Lied Pistolero65 2 1,455 06-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Doctor lied on PR-2 form - CA BB019 18 7,969 06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA QME Doctor for WC ins lied in Medical report dzftvh 6 13,278 06-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Pistolero65
  IME Lied And I called Him Out PirateGeo 2 2,937 11-18-2016, 01:21 PM
  Screw job in process by employer... cherokeegal 10 9,109 12-12-2012, 01:27 PM
  How much did I screw up here? Ouch123 2 2,824 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
  IME Comming up ...nervous they gonna screw with me... Kobraky 17 23,256 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Tink
  Boss trying to get me to quit. rovertdude 2 7,066 06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Manley2